twinspark turbo using motronic? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

twinspark turbo using motronic?

just looking for some infomation on turboing a twinspark from a 75 using the standard motornic injection sysetem,
i know greg gordon uses the bosch l-jet system with a micro fueler? on the v6's and has very good results.
can a similar thing be done with the motronic on a twinspark?
i know this system would be less than ideal and for optimum results a complete aftermarket system should be used, but for a low boost application it will be good enough to get me started.
the pic below appears to be using the standard motornic, so it must be able to be done succesfully?
cheers, Brad
Attached Images

79 GTV Sr20-Track/Drift ~ 83 GTV6 3ltr 24v-Street ~ 83 GTV-Street ~ 76 GT,75TS x 3,164,85 GTV,S13 silvia-Parts cars ~ VT SS Ls1 6spd-Track ~ e30 318i 2dr-Daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Duk

Garage
Theoretically it could be done but you have to find someone who can actually adjust both the fuel and ignition maps in the memory chip.
Where those maps are actually located within the pages of binary code (if you've ever seen the raw computer code from an ECU memory chip, it makes zero sense without software to organize it) is not largely known.

Save yourself the grief and go a decent stand alone system. By the time you've made the factory system work with your Alfetta chassis (probably not that hard) and you've massively altered the breathing characteristics of the engine with a turbo, compromised systems like either an archaic factory ECU band aided with a micriofueler (you haven't even addressed the new requirements for ignition timing) or if you could get it done, a reprogrammed archaic factory ECU, just aren't worth it.

The new Haltech Sprint 500, EMS 4424 and Adaptronic E420c would be great choices. Then there is the recently released Megasquirt V3 which is very well priced and capable, too. All of these can be should be easily configurable to work with the Bosch 60-2 crank angle sensor.

Do the job right and get drivability, reliability and best performance. It won't cost much more but the end results will more than outweigh the extra expenses.

Slowly Progressing Vortech Supercharged 1990 Alfa Romeo 75 Potenziata. Out of Action Twin-Charged 1988 AW11 MR2. Current Daily Driver, The Glorified Taxi 2006 BF FPV F6 Typhoon.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 AM

Just to clarify, a "microfueler" is an additional injector controller. Callaway used one to control two additional injectors that were triggered to spray under boost. It had no effect on the stock injection system. I never used this system.

My method was to use larger injectors combined with my "black box", various check valves etc. The black box is a signal interceptor that modifies the coolant temp sensor's signal when under boost. This worked very well.

You can do pretty much the same thing with Motronic, no it won't be as good as a modern system, but it will work.

Greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode