Programmable Engine Management using stock Bosch wiring - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 05:43 AM
rao

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if this will work. I have a 147 1.6TS. I am fitting a 3.0 24 motor and gearbox to the car. I want use the car's body computer and a 2.5 156 ecu and wiring harness.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcal View Post
Has anyone considered or even used this on a stock harness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1LmGBa0tI4
I've been thinking about it for conversion on a friends stock 3.0.
The only problem is microsquirt doesn't have a flyback circuit so it may not handle the low impedance injectors alfa use.
The DIYPnP is a microsquirt whith an expansion board, i think that you can put the flyback circuit there.

Anyway, Motronic has high impedance injectors as far as i know and the Diypnp has the 55 pin connector.

Earlier motronic has 35 pin like the first L-jetronic ones, and the later or le2-jetronic has a 25 pin connector.

The best way is to get an assembled unit of Ms-ii v3.0 and make a little harness between MS and bosch, or an adaptor like this one:

post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao View Post
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if this will work. I have a 147 1.6TS. I am fitting a 3.0 24 motor and gearbox to the car. I want use the car's body computer and a 2.5 156 ecu and wiring harness.

Thanks in advance

For a 3.0 engine you need a 3.0 ecu, or the 3.0 chip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
rao

Programmable Engine Management using stock Bosch wiring

Luis, thanks for the reply. Please can you tell me where I can get the appropriate adapter that would allow me to connect my 3.0 ecu unit into the the existing wiring.

Regards,
Rao
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao View Post
Luis, thanks for the reply. Please can you tell me where I can get the appropriate adapter that would allow me to connect my 3.0 ecu unit into the the existing wiring.

Regards,
Rao
You need the wiring harness that comes whith the v6 engine, the 1.6 wiring doesn´t work whith the 3.0 one (more cilinders).

If you want the 156 wiring you need to change the 2.5 ecu for the same version of motronic of a 3.0 (maybe a 166 or a gtv)

Another option is to change the software in the 2.5, maybe squadratuning can upgrade the software of the 2.5 ecu to a 3.0 specification.
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM

I use Motec on my 147 turbo road car and Motec on the 147 turbo race car too.

Wouldnt use anything else or anything less.

Motec is the best,simple as that.

What,s that comming up behind you fast? My 147 turbo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Duk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147 turbo View Post
I use Motec on my 147 turbo road car and Motec on the 147 turbo race car too.

Wouldnt use anything else or anything less.

Motec is the best,simple as that.
I'll counter that, tho purely for the sake of argument .
Well respected Australian tuning company Nizpro, use to apply MOTEC computers to everything with their name attached to it.
When the BA(model) Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo came onto the market, they used MOTEC computers in their modified versions. But when the SCT flash tuning interface software became available, Nizpro were quoted (in a local magazine) as saying the MOTEC didn't have a patch on the hugely capable factory system once they were able to tune it to suit their needs.
They were so impressed with the factory Ford system that they even applied it to their quad turbo (don't know why they'd use 4 ) Nissan VH45 V8 competition ski boat engine (that previously ran MOTEC).

Just for the record, Nizpro built the fastest, Australian built cars. A short run of Nissan 200SX-R's that were officially Australian made cars back in the late 90's. They had MOTEC's (amongst many other things ).

Slowly Progressing Vortech Supercharged 1990 Alfa Romeo 75 Potenziata. Out of Action Twin-Charged 1988 AW11 MR2. Current Daily Driver, The Glorified Taxi 2006 BF FPV F6 Typhoon.
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Im not tallking about Ford,Im talking about Alfa.This is 2009 and things have moved on alot now.

And having used Omex,Emerald,and DTA previously and quite recently too,I can say that Motec is the best for my needs and uses.Both in my road car and in my race car.

I even use their SDL digital dashs in my cars,they are that good and accurate management systems and dashs.

What,s that comming up behind you fast? My 147 turbo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Duk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147 turbo View Post
Im not tallking about Ford,Im talking about Alfa.This is 2009 and things have moved on alot now.

And having used Omex,Emerald,and DTA previously and quite recently too,I can say that Motec is the best for my needs and uses.Both in my road car and in my race car.

I even use their SDL digital dashs in my cars,they are that good and accurate management systems and dashs.
I'm not specifically talking about Ford's either, but rather the capabilities of the modern, factory engine managment systems, once there is software support/interface to tune them.
So much capability, that a high profile tuning company applied it to an engine that was formerly run by probably the most world renound aftermarket system (MOTEC).
The same as the local turbo and supercharger kits for the LSx powered Holden Commodores. If the kit provider/tuner is using an after market system, then they're doing it wrong.

What I'm trying to say is, even the absolute best aftermarket systems aren't as well developped as most factory systems of the last 5+ years. It really comes down to pure finances. What aftermarket supplier has the finacial resources of the likes of Ford, GM and Bosch?

Slowly Progressing Vortech Supercharged 1990 Alfa Romeo 75 Potenziata. Out of Action Twin-Charged 1988 AW11 MR2. Current Daily Driver, The Glorified Taxi 2006 BF FPV F6 Typhoon.
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 AM
rao

Please please please can somebody help me with a 156 2.5 v6 Motronic ME 2.1 wiring diagram.
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Luis:

Quote:
or an adaptor like this one
where do you find a board like this?

I have gotten a spare Motronic ECU from a junk yard, but a fresh connector would be nice. I have found a place in Australia that sells the connector alone for 65 USD and shipping is another 50 USD.

Stefano
Concord, CA
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM

I was just on the TWM Induction site and noticed they've added some new hardware. Also, check out the two Alfa engines w/TWM throttle bodies. Are those guys on the bb, I wonder?

TWM Induction - Throttle Bodies (805) 967-9478

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Eliot Shanabrook is around somewhere. I've seen that name either here or on the Alfa Digest.

Stefano
Concord, CA
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iachella View Post
Luis:

where do you find a board like this?

I have gotten a spare Motronic ECU from a junk yard, but a fresh connector would be nice. I have found a place in Australia that sells the connector alone for 65 USD and shipping is another 50 USD.
The Megasquirt to Motronic Adapter - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Sorry, no more info.
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately that adapter board is for the 55 Pin Motronic ECU. The 35 Pin one was never designed. Maybe not enough 35 Piners around?

Stefano
Concord, CA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode