One Demon Possessed 91 S4 - Page 327 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4891 of 4898 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 04:45 PM

Garage
much confusion in that read..shrug

yes..demon had herself some turmoil some heartache..a run thru rthe depths of hell themselves and a long ride in teh back of a truck..to sit..in a reefer for a year...now her stable mate is my lil lloyd/milano hybrid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4898 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
much confusion in that read..shrug
You made it through that, Bro?? I got a headache just trying to decode half that mess.

Michael
post #4893 of 4898 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 09:10 AM

Garage
Neither one of them can write a coherent sentence for *****, but Mr Bianchi has a point......SO much drama here.....it's just a car.

What people want to know is:

What are you building?
Why are you building it?
How are you building it?
Let's see it.

Ideas - Design - Detailing - Workmanship

As you were. That is all.

PS - the obvious question is: Have you sold the black car to mr lloyd?
Spitfire likes this.

1967 1600 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4894 of 4898 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Neither one of them can write a coherent sentence for *****, but Mr Bianchi has a point......SO much drama here.....it's just a car.

What people want to know is:

What are you building?
Why are you building it?
How are you building it?
Let's see it.

Ideas - Design - Detailing - Workmanship

As you were. That is all.

PS - the obvious question is: Have you sold the black car to mr lloyd?
What drama? A couple inside jokes posted between Short and myself 3 years ago? SMH.

Look, life has been crazy busy for both Short and I for quite sometime and with the loss of Randy, that really had an impact.

But to answer your questions,

The What:

We are building D3 and upgrading everything the car needs solved as per my testing results. More specifically, steering, gearbox and suspension. Pictured in front of D1 is a mint MKIV Supra IRS which I sourced and sent to Short indicated in post #4814.

We will also be replacing the 105 box. Even as heavily modified as mine was, I was quite underwhelmed with it's performance. D3 will have an upgraded R154 trans from an MKIII Supra.

All the wiring was completely ripped out and built from scratch by Short. I'm sure he will elaborate on that in more detail soon.

Body mods – Many. Too much too list now and unfinalised. Heat soak was also an issue and will get resolved via uprated cooling system.

The Why:

Because we can.

The How:

See “The What”

Is D1 sold?

No. The D1 is mine. D3 will be also.

Our work schedules are as busy as they've been for the last few years and will continue as such. But there will be breaks. At which point, Short and I will start on small sections and showcase them at that time.

Oh, and you’re absolutely right, it IS just a car. When have I ever declared or touted it was more than that? If anything, I’ve down-played the car. Over the years, I’ve turned down interviews, features and never even attended one car meet with D1. Why? Because validation/attention does not motivate or inspire me. This is just a blog about a car build with a bit of humor for those interested in not following the crowd. Nothing more. I’m only too fortunate now, to have Short at the helm to help me craft what should of been initially and we’re not going to spit out every single thought like we used to. Work will be methodical, well thought out and precise.

Michael
DPeterson3 likes this.

Last edited by streetfame; 07-02-2016 at 12:46 AM.
post #4895 of 4898 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Awesome! Now this thing might just hit 2 million views!

John
1991 Alfa Romeo 164L, 1993 Ford 5.0L Mustang
post #4896 of 4898 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfame View Post
This is just a blog about a car build with a bit of humor for those interested in not following the crowd.
Michael
Very good, carry on.

I've enjoyed the problem solving over the years, and the fabrication....and the noise it makes!

1967 1600 Spider
post #4897 of 4898 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 12:23 PM

Garage
i could give a lovely story..but ill save that for when i feel inspired enuf to write it

for those who had the subtlety fly over their heads machine gunning them but still missed it D1 is on the other side of the continent with me and has been for a good long while

while we have not been vocal about much...the brainstorming planing and tossing out of ideas and gathering parts has been going on behind the scenes D2 was born and died in testing and drafting and has been thrown out (D2 never got off the ground and if you go back to the 4x shots thats D2 in draft)

the 3 of us..randy verric and myself always had a standing idea/dream that some day we would have our 3 cars together.....randy had slipped into losing to the cancer when D1 landed....but our 3 have been sitting together for a while now..
D1-3
LLoyd AKA eurosled
Gsprint..which will be finished in randys honor some day.....my wife claimed it as hers when i imported her from canada and will see it thru

meanwhile ive been busy as all get out..and im fighting to get ontop of everything.....importing a wife isnt easy..losing friends3+ of them to illness liers and thievs respectivly has taken a toll as well...so im back to my humble beginings of only working out of my 20x20 shop so space is limited

all that said..when the beast below rolls out...D1 will roll in, get gutted, dissmantled hacked up and slowly become D3..."most" of the parts are stockpiled...front AND rear suspension and cradles and all from the final supra as well as the 154..the SA v6 will stay put tho it will get moved a lil...to those who need more details yes..the car has to go WIDE to make it all fit..and there is a plan in place

i built a "modualr" wiring harness..starting with the stock fuse box, modified it and found a "project box" to fit it in..the new box will be trunk mounted EVERYTHING is fused and or relayed with it built to be very user friendly..the following are all individual harneses rear lights, front lights, engine monitoring, dash, brain, aux cockpit, tunes..all color coded, hand wrapped and looking very OEM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #4898 of 4898 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 06:46 AM

Any updates? I can't find the new build thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode