Product codes for 041 dizzy parts? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Product codes for 041 dizzy parts?

Im having loads of fun trying to get the right Bosch product codes for my 67 GTV 041 distributor.
My local Repco store here in OZ likely has them, but their reference manuals dont go back to the mid 60s.
Would someone have product codes for each of:
- cap (offset clips)
- rotor (with locating screw)
- points (2 piece)
- condenser (with mount tab and round connector).
Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:48 PM

Hi Ranz,
I don't have the manuals. I may have a second set of NOS items for my car.
Cheers Steve
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:13 PM

Hi,

Bosch parts:
Cap 1235522058
Rotor 1234332143
Points 1237013000
Condenser 1237330067

I don't know Repco parts, if you need I can give you some equivalent codes from Beru and Facet.

Regards
Jacky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Steve105 - thanks, I don’t wish to deplete anybody’s spares stash when these are gettable, unless yours are surplus to requirements. Let me know in that instance. The uk suppliers have them, for example. Their price is good, but postage sucks, and it’s a week off the road, which is the bigger issue.

Jacky71 - Repco and other local OZ suppliers seem to work on a Bosch product code like GBxxx rather than the 10 digit part numbers, even when I can find reference to those. Quite frustrating. It’s the Bosch parts they stock, and are what I want if I can get them, rather than generics (like Repco). Your 10 digit codes have given me a lead on the condenser (gb553) and cap (gb72) and may well give me some other leads, but fook, those GB numbers are well buried...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:19 AM

Hi Ranz,
I found 4 caps.
1. New black one no markings near a GB72 Bosch card aluminum terminals.
2. Slightly used light brown one no markings, very heavy, brass terminals, bakelite?
3. Used Old dark brown Bosch one with 123 552 107 then lower 187, copper coated terminals
4. New DUDUCO medium brown says on box to replace Bosch 1 235 522 107 copper terminals, bakelite?

Found a used bakelite rotor has a number inside 155. I think I would have points and condenser just not sure which box they are in.

The older parts are usually made of bakelite, this has it's benefits being hard wearing until you drop it or are not patient in getting the springs clips off the cap.. Bakelite is also hazardous when in particle form. You will find your rotor arm does take a beating with the temperature build up. Bakelite does not distort as much with high temperature like some other plastics. Even though there is the locating screw, you would want to carry a spare rotor arm if you are running a plastic one in the car.
Cheers Steve

Last edited by Steve105; 06-24-2019 at 04:53 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:37 AM

Hi Ranz,

Points 1237013000 short code GB6, no short code for rotor.

BERU parts:
Cap VK154
Rotor No equivalent
Points KS039
Condenser ZK106

bye
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Righto,
Thanks chaps, I’ll use those snippets to help the search, tho I’ve discovered Gb6, GB751 (points) are NLA (where I live at least) which indicates that I’ll spend longer searching than it would take to get them delivered out of the UK from Highwood or other, be they repro or otherwise.
The level of difficulty makes me think about an electronic distributor being the smart way forward, as I don’t know how well my dizzy sticks to its original curve at 51 years of age anyway... Certainly, return to idle is a bit slow.
Trouble is, I’ve still got my mechanic’s comment “there’s not much advance on that 123 distributor” ringing in my ears in relation to my 1750 Alfetta GT, when the 1600s seem to demand even more.
Helpful comments in this regard accepted...otherwise, back to nose in the ‘puter.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:25 AM

Hi Ranz,
I think I may have some extra NOS points, just will take a few days to confirm/find them.
Cheers Steve
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Steve, happy to hear what you dig up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode