Cannot see Photos? - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaBBAdmin View Post
If you look into here: https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gta...-613295-a.html
Post #9. If you're on any blockers, please turn them off. You should be able to see the image.
I think that's the issue.
Please let me know and confirm.

Ed

Not sure if you booted the servers or changed something but everything seems to be working normally again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:22 AM

Hi, congrats and many thanks to the people that have found the failure and that got everything back working! I hope it stays like this.
And to all, be happy that I had not to do this job!

Rgds,
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Way to Go!
All OK>
Thank you!
Regards, Alberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 02:08 PM
Platinum Subscriber

ok

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jason Minos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New: +1 619-209-0715
e-mail:admin at alfissimo.com
San Diego, CA
1989 Spider Quad. Gone
1991 White Alfa Romeo 164S Recaro, Siena, Zender.-GONE
2010 Touareg TDI
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Trofeo, Leather package(red), Staggered.
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 07:50 PM

Garage
FWIW, "Enhanced Mobile View" on Android shows pictures but does not show any means of replying to a thread. I'm not sure if this is an old, unresolved issue (I don't use the phone often for visiting AlfaBB) but thought I mentioned it here.
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 05:07 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Other than having to reset a couple of private message preferences, all appears to be okay at my end. Thank you!

Care to share what happened and what fixed it?

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 07:02 AM

Hi Jim

I, too, think an explanation would be welcome.

There were some serious detrementious sp? messages left.....so I feel an explanation is necessary....but hey I'm an old foggie Sp?

Richard
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 07:33 AM

Pictures are showing again. Thank you!

Echoing comments above, would love to hear what the root cause, and what the fix, was.
post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
FWIW, "Enhanced Mobile View" on Android shows pictures but does not show any means of replying to a thread. I'm not sure if this is an old, unresolved issue (I don't use the phone often for visiting AlfaBB) but thought I mentioned it here.
When viewing a thread in EMV, at the top there should be a + icon, or a paper airplane (depending on browser/device). Are you unable to see that icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizam View Post
Pictures are showing again. Thank you!

Echoing comments above, would love to hear what the root cause, and what the fix, was.
Glad to hear. Tech handles the issues and resolves them, we do not have all the access to their information as we report the issues.

Let us know if you have any other issues with images or the site.

- JB

If you need Admin support please post here:

post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 09:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaBBAdmin View Post
When viewing a thread in EMV, at the top there should be a + icon, or a paper airplane (depending on browser/device). Are you unable to see that icon?
Yes, the + icon is there -- it's not intuitive at all to have an icon at the top (in a fixed frame) rather than having a quick reply text box and a button at the bottom of the posts.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
Yes, the + icon is there -- it's not intuitive at all to have an icon at the top (in a fixed frame) rather than having a quick reply text box and a button at the bottom of the posts.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll forward this to the guy designing this to see if there's a future update that could change the layout.

Lee

If you need Admin support please post here:

post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 11:14 AM

Garage
So sorry to be a pain, but it's till having issues.....can't see any photos at all.....it just shows 'pictures attached' in bold at the end of any given post, but no pictures that are viewable.

I'm very new to the site, so maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Any advice is appreciated!!

Cheers

Notch (Aka: Paul)
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 11:39 AM

Hi Paul, Lee, Jim, et al.....

I, too, had this problem. Resolved by going into 'classic' mode then by switching back to 'full ' mode....and all resolved.

Personally, I think an explanation is necessary - perhaps an apology? - there were a number of irate posts which indicated member's unhappiness....IMHO.

Richard
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:35 PM

@AlfaBBAdmin

Something changed. It's happening again (no pictures are displayed) and the site is exceedingly slow. Occasionally, I also get this:
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richards View Post
Personally, I think an explanation is necessary - perhaps an apology? - there were a number of irate posts which indicated member's unhappiness....IMHO.
I agree that an explanation of what happened would be useful.

That being said, it has become common practice in the software industry that, each year, in Spring (April/May) and Fall (Sep/Oct), operating system suppliers (e.g. Microsoft, Apple, Ubuntu) release major/minor software updates (while urgent bug fixes and security patches arere leased in between) -- both for servers as well as for consumer devices. These major/minor software updates may have unintended consequences and/or reveal problems and/or dependencies in application software (both on servers and end user devices) that third-party suppliers (e.g. for databases, BB software on the server and/or browser, antivirus and spam-blocker software on end-user devices) need to catch up with. Then, service providers (like the organization running AlfaBB) have to catch up with problems that relate to either the software they rely upon, and then figure out if problems depend on their specific combination and configuration of the server environment, and/or whether or not the problems happen on end-user devices and manifest themselves in context of accessing their servers.

I spent time on all four sides of this fence (end-user, integrator/service provider, end-user software supplier, and server software supplier). It is not an easy world to live in. It's not necessarily that someone screwed up -- most often, it;s just a matter of increasing complexity that may be further complicated by the fact that certain problems only appear at scale (high volume number of users, and/or high volume activity, and/or with cumulative uptime).

Sometimes, it takes a while to figure out what the problem pattern is (e.g. including end users on old, outdated platforms (Windows XP/Vista/7 with IE, iPhone 4, old iPads, etc.) no longer being able to access the site). Then, there are the problems introduced by evolving technology: I believe the average consumer has no idea how complicated live became for web-based services that need to operate on desktop platforms (with mouse) vs. touch pads on phones and tablets (often with proprietary software intended for creating silos), and detect and deliver content to various screen resolutions that dynamically may change, at the whim of a user, from Portrait to Landscape modes, and then adjust presentation of screen content and navigation controls accordingly. (On that note, I believe the next big waves of change at our door steps is that navigation will be extended to voice commands and eye tracking -- which will be a fun ride for IT services at all levels).

My suggestion is (no matter what platform you are on, and/or what services you may use): Brace yourself for problems in Spring (April/May) and Fall (Sep/Oct) each year. And, have some compassion and understanding for how hard it is to keep systems running, and what a great job large companies did and do that we have come to expect it to always be there, and always work the way we expect -- even if we, the end users, don't really know what we like before we see it.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode