Centerline Acquires International Auto Parts - Page 6 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Disagree. I know the people at Centerline. All will be well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
IAP had always given me excellent parts and service. I have never ordered anything from CL. In the way that this transition has been handled.... I am somewhat skeptical for my future Alfa parts needs.

Wow, you must lead an exceptionally sheltered Alfa existence if you've only bought your Alfa parts from a single source.

I've dealt with both Centerline and IAP for over 3 decades, starting about the time Alfa Ricami got a lot smaller. I always found both companies to be competently run and with knowledgeable staff. Over time, I've gotten to know Joe personally---not a hard thing to do if you like old Alfas---and I've always found him to be the kind of person you'd want to do business with, the kind of person you'd want to buy Alfa parts from. With this change, Centerline is about to get a lot bigger---and a lot better.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #78 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:39 PM

Garage
What has been said about IAP's Lancia and Fiat parts? Centerline has been "Exclusively Alfa" as they say. Some of us are diversified.

Ciao, Henry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180OUT View Post
Wow, you must lead an exceptionally sheltered Alfa existence if you've only bought your Alfa parts from a single source.

Centerline is about to get a lot bigger---and a lot better.

Your assumption is far from correct. Where did I say that I purchased all my parts from just one source ?

I did say that I had never purchased from Centerline.... why.... I have been able to source the same item closer and at a more advantageous price.

So bigger is better ..... and I'm the sheltered one..... ?
post #80 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 AM

IAP Centerline takeover stinks

Just called Centerline to ask about a back ordered IAP part - brake light switch. To make a long story short, the rep was a goofball, didn't seem interested in my concerns, and just a jackass. I do not like the merger and think it will result in poor service and increased prices. Is there a IAP/Centerline rant forum?
Vince

Vince 1991 Spider Veloce Red 'n' Tan Acquired May 2014 My First Alfa
Moscow, PA
post #81 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Drop Joe Cab a message. I'll bet he'll be interested.

John Stewart
74 Spider
91 164S
post #82 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Get him to list company on the stock exchange and you can buy shares. Then you can all vote one of you guys for CEO.... Did anyone shudder.. Just be thankful you don't live down under. Alfa parts..... some parts are like a Monty Python search for the holy part....None shall pass... maybe I just said "Nee" by mistake on the phone...
horsewidower likes this.

Past 1990 164 V6 in NZ

Last edited by Alistair Muir; 09-08-2015 at 03:04 PM.
post #83 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianfichi View Post
Just called Centerline to ask about a back ordered IAP part - brake light switch. To make a long story short, the rep was a goofball, didn't seem interested in my concerns, and just a jackass. I do not like the merger and think it will result in poor service and increased prices. Is there a IAP/Centerline rant forum?
Vince
I wonder who you talked to. Last week I called about a fuel tank for the Spica injected cars. I knew IAP stocked them but Centerline doesn't. I talked to Ian and he put it on backorder for me. So if IAP had some in stock he will call me when the parts are unloaded and put in inventory.
post #84 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 06:04 PM

Yeah, it was Ian that I talked to. I asked if they would continue things such as the online tutorials and videos that IAP did for things such as the fuel line replacements and in-tank fuel pump replacement. Those vids were a great resource. He just about made a joke about it. He didn't seem interested. Just because a part is on backorder for a year, is no reason to brush a person off, much less try to get delivery time, or another resource to find the part.

This merger is in the interest of the companies involved, not the customers. I am hoping that Centerline will get better organized, price competitive and easy to find/order parts with good service like IAP had.

I doubt it.

Vince

Moscow, PA

Last edited by Cianfichi; 09-08-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: add text
post #85 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
To make a long story short, the rep was a goofball, didn't seem interested in my concerns, and just a jackass. I do not like the merger and think it will result in poor service and increased prices. Is there a IAP/Centerline rant forum?
Vince
While anyone has the right to comment on our policies or performance, making a personal attack like this is completely unnecessary IMHO.

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA
post #86 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
I did say that I had never purchased from Centerline.... why.... I have been able to source the same item closer and at a more advantageous price.
If you make all of your Alfa buying decisions based upon price alone then you are doomed to some poor quality parts. There is more than one manufacturer of many parts and in my experience cheap parts can cost you more in the long run.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
76 Suzuki GT500
2011 Jaguar XKR

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by alfaparticle; 09-08-2015 at 07:13 PM.
post #87 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah, it was Ian that I talked to. I asked if they would continue things such as the online tutorials and videos that IAP did for things such as the fuel line replacements and in-tank fuel pump replacement. Those vids were a great resource. He just about made a joke about it. He didn't seem interested. Just because a part is on backorder for a year, is no reason to brush a person off, much less try to get delivery time, or another resource to find the part.

This merger is in the interest of the companies involved, not the customers.

Vince
Rather petulant point of view.

Both companies are in transition. One disappearing and the other taking it over. Companies exist for the benefit of the shareholders or partners. If they don't provide goods and services to an always demanding customer they get to go out of business.

I've dealt with Ian for years and he is a good guy.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #88 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 02:57 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
I've dealt with Ian for years and he is a good guy.
I agree!

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
post #89 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcess View Post
I agree!
That might be true, but not as helpful as my experience with IAP. Furthur, the Centerline folks should be jumping all over the transition and helping out "new" folks who have not purchased much from them. Case in point, IAP's catalog was way easier to order from when it came to replacing control arm bushings, and I was a newbie to Alfa ownership. IAP went far to make sure I had the right part, number, etc.

As for JoeCab, you might not want to take it personally and start really looking at this merger, and what IAP did that you don't and step it up with the company. Either you are going to make it better or worse.

See.... my point is made. You are taking it personally and inwardly. You are more concerned about your company than you are customers. If you were concerned about me as a customer, you would have asked me questions, investigated further, or reached out to me.

Vince

Vince
nunki likes this.

Moscow, PA
post #90 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
See.... my point is made. You are taking it personally and inwardly. You are more concerned about your company than you are customers. If you were concerned about me as a customer, you would have asked me questions, investigated further, or reached out to me.
I have shifted my business, and a few other people who I have interacted with, to Centerline over the years due to their superior (IMHO) knowledge and understanding of the vehicles I drive over other venders. It is my belief that if someone thinks there is a better vendor for your parts, please go purchase from them instead.

Vince,
it is my opinion that people who fly glass cockpit general aviation aircraft are weak, soft, and just followers of the magenta line who cant think for themselves...

Don't take it personally and inwardly....

Gordon Raymond likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode