April Tour with Ferrari Owners' Club - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

April Tour with Ferrari Owners' Club

The Ferrari Owners' Club Midwest chapter is having their spring drive in April and they are inviting Alfisti to join them. The exact date has not yet been determined, but I spoke to some of the officers yesterday and they said it will not conflict with the Autobahn track event (a bunch of them are coming to that, anyway) or the "Dyno Day" event. I think the current front runner prospective date is April 30/May 1, but that may change; 4/10 and 4/17 are also under consideration. I'll post more details as they become available. The current plan is to meet mid-late morning at a rendezvous in the north suburbs and drive up to a restaurant near Lake Geneva, WI, for lunch.

And, CAROC's own spring tour will be May 21, heading southwest from Chicago along the Illinois River, culminating with lunch in Peoria. (And, we are inviting the Ferrari Owners' Club along for that one.)

Chuck King
Chicago, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Actually, May (barely) Tour with Ferrari Club

The date for this event has been set: May 1. Details can be found here:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52232

See you there!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation RSVP, please

The organizer of this drive has asked people who will be participating to RSVP. If you will be coming, please either PM me or post a note here, and I will let him know how many Alfisti will be coming.

Chuck King
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:22 PM

I'd be interested in going. It didn't seem like a conclusive date had been set in the link though...

- Jason Hagen, Kansas City, KS, Owner of Royal Autowerks, LLC
'95 164Q, '91 164S, '73 Spider, '74 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, '06 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 11:20 AM

Is there any more information on CAROC's Spring Tour on May 21? I didn't see anything on the web site about it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

The May 21 tour will follow a twisty route along the Illinois River through Starved Rock State park and then down to Peoria for lunch. As far as I've been able to find, this route includes some of the best driving roads in northern Illinois. More details as it gets closer.

I'll drop the webmaster a note, so that it gets put on the schedule.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Hey, everybody! The Ferrari Owners' Club spring tour is THIS SUNDAY, May 1. They've made a point of inviting Aflisti to join them. Here's the latest update from Dave Bendl, the club secretary:

Here's an update on this Sunday's Wisconsin drive. Our meeting time will be 11:00 AM Sunday May 1st in the Half Day Inn's parking lot. I have plotted a map to our meeting site which is the Half Day Inn 1270 South Milwaukee Ave. Half Day, IL. You can view, and or print the map by following the Mapquest instructions on the attachment.

There has been a change of plans regarding the brunch. We originally planned for the brunch to be at The Abbey, however they won't have their Fontana dining room ready until Mother's Day. We will instead have a champagne brunch at Lake Lawn Resort which overlooks Lake Delevan. We will be parking in their center courtyard. Our cars can be seen from the restaurant windows.

The champagne brunch is $25.00 per adult, or $10.00 per child under 12. This includes tax and gratuity. Please come hungry, the brunch is outstanding.

If you have any questions, or plan to attend, please [e-mail or PM me, Chuck King (chasking). I don't want to post Dave's phone numbers on a public board.]

Many of you have already responded that you will be attending. Please let me know if you have had any change of plans. I do need to give the restaurant an approximate head count.

Thanks, and see you on Sunday,
Dave Bendl
Secretary, FOC-Midwest

Please RSVP if you are coming. This should be a good time.

Chuck King
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Almost forgot: here's the map showing the location of the rendezvous point. The Half Day Road (Route 22) exit is not too far north of Deerfield, in southern Lake County. (It's after 94 and 294 link back up.)
Attached Images

Last edited by chasking; 04-26-2005 at 02:37 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

One final thing: regarding the RSVP request, please feel free to come anyway; the only reason it would matter is for lunch reservations; if we don't know you're coming, you might not get a spot at the table with everybody else. But by all means, please come along for the drive!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode