Gasoline Preservative for Gasoline/Ethanol Fuel - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Does that website have the same info as the App being the same organization?
Never used their App. It should be using the same database

Zaza

Current Alfas:

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
1987 Milano Verde
1970 Euro-spec GTV 1750

Refreshing 1750 GTV
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 04:37 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
The link above takes you to a map (US or local) with no info. The map appears to be deactivated. Use this link: https://www.pure-gas.org/

The Android App is good as it parses only local stations in a widening circle if you allow it to access your location. Looks to come from the same database.

Some stations only sell Regular 87 octane grade in ethanol-free. Fine for small engines but even my 5.7L boat takes mid or premium.

A search yielded dozens of Threads discussing fuel additives and stabilizers (as well as damage horror stories).
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

I found ethanol free gasoline in Los Angeles but, the gasoline was racing fuel and is very expensive. I decided to add Ethanol Shield to my 1961 Sprint Veloce and it works. I know that other states may sell ethanol free gasoline for motor vehicles and see what is available locally. I do not recommend any additive unless I have personal experience and have a box of used lawn mower carburetors that were damaged by gasoline that contained ethanol.

Last edited by kuni123456; 05-18-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html
Looks like map is back online now, if not there are links for individual states at the bottom of the main page, they'll display list of towns in an alphabetical order.

I used to be able to get 93 up until 3 years ago locally (30min ride), now best I can find is 90 octane. Can't make up my mind about the use of booster. My hot street 1750 with 123 ignition and D (006 tuning / Jim Karamalakis) curve set at 34 degrees, does not ping.

Zaza

Current Alfas:

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
1987 Milano Verde
1970 Euro-spec GTV 1750

Refreshing 1750 GTV
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nakagtv; 05-18-2018 at 05:30 PM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I recommended using Ethanol Shield to an owner of several classic sports cars and help clean six Webers on his Daytona Ferrari Spyder. The idle jets are located on the side of the Webers and only one jet had some residue. The starting problem was due to a bad fuel pump and also due to some aged gasoline. I recently rebuilt a 1958 Spider Solex carb and helped clean jets for a 1958 Spider Veloce that did not run properly. The owner of the 1958 Spider has eighteen cars and the other has nine cars and recommended using Ethanol Shield for all of their cars. The annual cost of the Ethanol Shield for each car is about one dollar per year and I do not want to clean anymore carburetors that have old gas problems.
Anfanuts likes this.

Last edited by kuni123456; 06-13-2018 at 07:23 PM.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

I finally convinced my friend who owns many very expensive sports cars (1971 Daytona Spyder, 1964 904, etc.) to buy Ethanol Shield to protect his cars. I took six downdraft Weber carburetors apart and cleaned the idle jets. The reason why the Daytona Spyder did not start was due to no fuel pressure. The fuel pumps were running and no fuel was getting to fuel rail.

Last edited by kuni123456; 06-28-2018 at 10:33 PM.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

I was asked to repair a poorly running 1955 Chrysler Imperial. I drained the tank as much as possible and cleaned the carburetor because the gas was two years old. I put new gas in the tank and told the owner to use Mechanic in a Bottle as well as Ethanol Shield to prevent problems in the future. I was able to fix the car and will add both products to the gas tank next week. I believe that gasoline that contains ethanol is a problem for car owners that have many cars in their collections. The cars need to have fuel stabilizers and need to be driven at regular intervals or have problems like dead batteries, rusted brakes, starting problems, poor performance etc.
horsewidower likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode