Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Question about showing my car

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Gubi 
#1 ·
I am considering showing my '67 Duetto at the Concorso Italiano next month in Monterey, CA. The car is largely stock with the exception of 15" Panasport rims. I do have the original rims and hubcaps with 15 year old Cintuarato tires on them. Seeing as I am planning on driving the car to the show and back, I would prefer to not use the old tires but expect some sort of points deduct for the Panasports. It would be difficult to bring the second set of tires and a jack and swap them there...and I am unlikely to do that. I would consider trailering the car if the deduct is likely to be steep, but am really looking forward to driving the car with a Lancia buddy.

Should I care? Appreciate all opinions

#2 ·
Live with the fact you might not win a a plaque or trophy.. If you get points knocked off for wheels, so what. If the car deserves 100 points .. then 98 points isn't anything to be ashamed of because it got gigged for wheels. You will have plenty of company in your situation. Judging is never predictable so you might find you will get gigged on stuff you never even thought of so drive it and have fun.

#4 ·
Unless a judged event has been added in the last year or so, the Alfas are not judged at the Concorso. I've seen Ferrari use the event to judge cars, but not Alfa.

I'd take it as is and enjoy the drive.

#6 · (Edited)
Unless a judged event has been added in the last year or so, the Alfas are not judged at the Concorso. I've seen Ferrari use the event to judge cars, but not Alfa.
I haven't participated in the Concorso in several years, but my impression matches sprintgtc's: it's more of a social event than a judged concours. Yes, someone selects a few (three?) cars from each marque (e.g. Alfa, Lancia, Fiat, Maserati, ...) to cross the reviewing stand, but my sense is that to get chosen for this you need to have an unusual car (pre-war, TZ, Disco Volante, ...) or colorful owner (be prepared to talk about your F1 career).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.