Vintage wipers - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Vintage wipers

Has anyone had success locating sources for vintage wipers appropriate for roundtails? (My car has original bosch wiper arms with the 9x3 sized J-hook) How are the ClassicAlfa reproduction versions? Any luck sourcing original Bosch blades or refills? What solutions have you employed? My research leads me to very few options aside from finding NOS or any old stock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via AIM to john.harrill
Wipers

I'm at the same point you are.

Currently Owned:
1957 Giulietta Spider (Maria - Home from the painter!!)
1988 Quadrifoglio (Tony)
1987 BMW 653CSI (Gustav)
2002 VW Passat Wagon V6
2012 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion

Gone, But Not Forgotten:
1966 Giulia Sprint GT
1994 164LS 5-Speed

Working on:
1959 Giulietta Spider - Restoration
1967 Fiat Dino Coupe - Restoration
1967 Duetto - Freshening
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

wipers

I did a lot of research on this seemly simple topic but is proving to be the most difficult for my restoration goals. What I was able to do was find a NOS anco replacement blade on ebay which matched the blades that were on the car when I purchased it. Not a concours solution but is acceptible (fit the 9x3 j-hook 13" blade requirement for bosch wiper arms).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Anc...72.m2749.l2649

I also have an old euro style vintage blade from probably the 80s that needed an obscure out of production bosch refill which I also found on ebay (for a confiscatory price). So one bird is in hand and one is in the bush!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:58 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapppa View Post
I did a lot of research on this seemly simple topic but is proving to be the most difficult for my restoration goals. What I was able to do was find a NOS anco replacement blade on ebay which matched the blades that were on the car when I purchased it. Not a concours solution but is acceptible (fit the 9x3 j-hook 13" blade requirement for bosch wiper arms).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Anc...72.m2749.l2649

I also have an old euro style vintage blade from probably the 80s that needed an obscure out of production bosch refill which I also found on ebay (for a confiscatory price). So one bird is in hand and one is in the bush!
I paid much more than that for my red dots. The rubber blade has split and they have been on the car a little over two years It's a good thing I don't need them.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:15 PM

Read post #19 for a Bosch solution......https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...-blades-2.html

These are NEW ..not old stock and work with blades not designed for refills. Instructions show how to install them on blades like yours.

Last edited by divotandtralee; 05-16-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode