Spider Graduate upholstery - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Spider Graduate upholstery

I have just completed installing new seat upholstery on my 1985 Spider. I purchased the seat set from MTM Manufacturing with help from the Car Guys. It was my first time doing this and was more frustrating then when I pulled my head for a blown gasket. My first suggestion is to make sure you have a good set of hognose pliers. The tool supplied is pretty much worthless. Pulling the seats is not to bad, getting them back in was chore. It is important to make sure covering if vinyl is heated in order to stretch over seats. Replacing springs if also a pain, trying to get the cover tight over seat frame requires some garage engineering. the seat covers were not quite like the original set. All in all I am satisfied with my first attempt but not sure I would do again. I would include pictures but I have difficulty downloading photos. There is a good post on ARBB from 2009 that helped me with the job, the support people at MTM sent me the link. Good luck, I am willing to answer any question you may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode