Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Centerline Floor Mats

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  RFWicker3rd 
#1 ·
This barely fits into the restoration topic. I am restoring an 89 Quadrifoglio. I have not gotten anywhere near close to having it where it needs to be. Daughter' wedding in three weeks and they want to use the car in some photos. It looks good to the untrained eye. Bought some black floor mats with Alfa emblem sewn in by Centerline. I bought the ones for an 1980 to 1990 Spider. I am mistaken or should they fit? They are too big. Anyone with experience buying these mats? (I know _ I am trying to put lipstick on a .... ). I have not even thought about replacing carpets yet........... Guidance/Thoughts/Past Experience?

#2 ·
I am going to answer my own question - Going back a few years I found a thread in which Centerline Floor Mats were discussed. Somehow I missed it. No detail really but a one liner about A/C interference. Got out this morning and the drivers side is tight but fits. Passenger side needs 1 inch cut off the bottom and 2 or 3 off the top. Interference from the A/C. Simple matter to drift by a carpet shop and have them cut and rebound by a machine. I will make sure and get a before and after picture.

#3 ·
This can sometimes be an issue, but usually isn't.

Before you cut anything I would suggest to try and tuck the upper portion behind the A/C equipment in the passenger firewall. You may have to loosen some of it to do so. This is usually all that's needed to get a good fit, and keeps the mat in place nicely as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.