First to Identify Paint Wins Respect - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

First to Identify Paint Wins Respect

I sent my vin out to the alfa archives and ms ruocco returned to me some interesting data. According to the files, my original color is "beech tree" and the interior is "wild boar". All and all, my car seems very woodsy now. So what color is beech tree? Anybody know a website to get a picture?

Josh

Josh

[COLOR=Red]1971 GTV 1750[/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 09:18 PM

Beech tree? respect? sure:

Did I win? I wonder what Ms. Ruocco has been smoking lately - or cant she wait until April 1st?!

Jørgen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 1300GT Junior
1971 2000 Spider (racecar!)
1964 Vespa Gran Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

THnkas 164, that picture cleared it all up for me. You win the grand prize, 1 day of respect. Moving on......... anyone else know what the hell this color is?

Josh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 05:57 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
My wild guess is that it's a cream colour. Some may describe it as beige, but it has a bit of yellow in it. The wild boar sounds like it may be that dark tan colour. I think it may have a bit of a red tinge to it.

Brian __________________________________

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Banned

Zat had color chips and many of the paint formulas....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 01:32 PM

Why is Mrs. Ruocco giving you an english translation of the colour name? I'm sure it must have had an italian name, and you will need that in order to find the correct reference. Maybe you should ask Mrs. Ruocco for that and/or the colour ref. number?

Jørgen

1969 1300GT Junior
1964 Vespa Gran Sport
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 03:42 PM

Hey -- looks like a picture of your interior has been found.

Bill / 1977 Alfa Romeo 4C2000 / 2012 BMW S1000RR / 1975 BMW R90/6
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 03:43 PM

Attached Images

Bill / 1977 Alfa Romeo 4C2000 / 2012 BMW S1000RR / 1975 BMW R90/6
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hit an Apex
What is the email/address to obtain this information?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 05:11 PM

[email protected] or [email protected]

John
'73 GTV - Owned 24 years
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 07:01 PM

Garage
Beech is here. Be aware that the scan doesn't show the color accurately. The color is a very dark red-brown, like a very dark "rosso amaranto".

Wild Boar is here and here.

Last edited by tubut; 03-31-2004 at 07:30 PM.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all for your reponses. TUbut, thanks for the link, but it is truly hard to see the color. Any way I could get an emailed picture of that paint? To all those who wondered, I too thought it was weird she sent the colors in english w/o the italian, but that is how they came. I've seen other people's posts and they're always in italian. OH well, right?

Ciao,

Josh

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut
Beech is here. Be aware that the scan doesn't show the color accurately. The color is a very dark red-brown, like a very dark "rosso amaranto".

Wild Boar is here and here.
On my screen, it looks like a dark blue. My car is ar-516 too, but Elvira didn't call it Beech Tree, she called it
AR-516 Faggio - Dark Maroon (also AmbassadorMaroon, Aubergine)
For lots of discussion on this colour (and pictures) do a search on eggplant. Kjell's car looks stunning! I'd post a link, but I haven't figured that out yet, but I think the original thread was "Would I be crazy" or something like that.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ken Lee
Alfa Dogs #13
Oakville, ON[/FONT]
73 GTV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 06:10 AM

This is the eggplant thread. And posting a link isnt that difficult. Copy the URL, push the little "globe with a chain"-sign and paste the URL - thats it.

Jørgen

1969 1300GT Junior
1964 Vespa Gran Sport
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

I sent an email back to her to ask what code it was and I was sent AR-516, "Faggio". I didn't realize it was that eggplant color, which is actually a very cool color. Maybe I will paint the car that after all (or a nice midnight blue).

Josh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode