Alfa Romeo Forums banner

mirror 92 spider

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BobK 
#1 ·
I just got a mirror for my car, and have been trying to get it to snal onto the stud, that is screwed to the windshild frame....not much luck. I bet there is a easy way to do this without damaging something, so I am asking...any ideas?

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
glove box hinge

well, the hinge on glove box, is pretty solid, I have been soaking it in penitrating oil for a day, and it doesn't seem to want to loosen up...pretty much too tight....I looked at hardware store, and the paino hinge is a lot narrower than this peice...also not black,,,any ideas

thanks

Attachments

#4 ·
well, the hinge on glove box, is pretty solid, I have been soaking it in penitrating oil for a day, and it doesn't seem to want to loosen up...pretty much too tight....I looked at hardware store, and the paino hinge is a lot narrower than this peice...also not black,,,any ideas

thanks
follow up. I think, after a can of rust bust, and soaking now for a few days, this is starting to loosen a bit, so I hope to be able to reuse this part...one more step in the "right"? direction....

#7 ·
I did push hard, it is really tight, I am afraid of screwing up the windshield,,, I push, the frame seems to want to flex, I really don't want to replace a windshield...there must be something, I may just get a glue on, I don't know...

thanks for a response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.