Detailed Drawings - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 AM

105 Hinges

I had a really hard time finding good, serviceable hinges for my '70GTV. I had these made, and they worked well. It's been a few years, but my recollection is the only issue was clearance for the pin flanges when attempting to close the hinge completely. I had to do some minor filing to get them to close correctly, but no issues other than that. I never went back to the drawing to determine exactly where the issue was (part out of tolerance, thicker than expected bushing, etc) but the hinges work just fine. BTW - When it came time to replace the hinges on my 67GTV, the machine shop was too backed up to make another set in a reasonable amount of time. For the sake of expedience, I purchased a set of the recently made available hinges from a vendor in the UK who shall remain nameless. (Actually, they were very good about refunding my money) I've attached a link to a pic of what happened to those the first time I tried to open the door. NFG for sure. Not enough meat on those flanges, and the pin just puled right through them. Bummer. With these drawings you can have a set made out of whatever material you desire. Titanium perhaps? Actually billet aluminum seems to work well, at least in the short term, I am a little concerned about how those flanges will wear, but as I said - make them out of whatever you like.

Broken Hinge: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoJurIDA...on_share_sheet
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Hinge Assy.PDF (49.8 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:18 AM

Garage
Hi there,

I am looking for the factory spec slot dimensions for the long slot in the fender and it particular location ( measured from any available reference point ).

This area needs to be reconstructed on my car as been rusted away, could anyone help me with some drawing info or an overlay copy so I can rebuild mine.
I copied the view from a topic elsewhere in the forum and marked (yellow circle) the area of interest.
The second picture is my actual fender with too big slot (red circle - sorry forgot to rotate the picture taken with body on the rotisserie) :-(

Thanks in advance for any info ( PS: Hope this is the right location to ask such questions )

Greets from Belgium.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode