Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Targa Florio Classic 2019

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  91spiderNV 
#1 ·
Hi
I am trying to find information about this event . Has anybody been to a previous event ?
There is a web site but no entry list and judging by the photos that have been posted not many people seem to attend .
I did find this post on youtube but it seems the event is still in the early stages and has not reached the level of the Millie Miglia
On the plus side it is open to later model cars ie: 105 GT

#2 ·
Looks like SO much fun. What an opportunity.

I'm surprised at all the new era cars I see in that video. If I were Event Czar, I'd cut it off at 1967 (or maybe 1973 to allow Dinos and Daytonas etc.) Many of those historic rallies do that. Seems like this kind of event could be overrun with new supercars. I see glimpses of my lowly Fiat 124 a couple of times! And it makes me smile to see a couple of old Volvos.

#3 ·
You are right . Both the Targa and the Millie Migila have a Ferrari Tribute . I don't have a problem with Ferraris , only some of the people that drive them !
But its all about the bottom line , more cars means more money .

#4 ·
Well, that looks like too much BIG FUN eh?

I think it would be worthwhile to contact the folks at Petrolicious.com. The boss-man there is Afshin Behnia and aside from owning 12 or 13 Alfas he has run the new Mille a couple of times and likely has an inside track to the Targa. One of the contributors at Petrolicious is Armando Musotto who lives in Palermo I believe. Mr. Musotto is sure to have all the info and Petrolicious may be able to put you in contact with him.

I'm already fantasizing about shipping my Spider over and running under the Arizona flag........maybe next year????

#5 ·
Have a look at this Youtube clip 2.25-2.40 Best OH&S advice I have ever heard ! Personal responsibility

Reactions: Scalino1300
#7 ·
This is a link to the web- site Targa Florio - Home
The event has just finished but there was no entrant list or many photos.
I was trying to work out if it was worth going to see but the lack of information makes it hard to commit .

#9 ·
Doh
Looks like its worth going next year ! Goodwood Revival , Targa Florio , Auto D'Epoca Padua .

#10 ·
Great for calling this event out. Went to the website and downloaded the 2019 route map. I'm really not a fan of grpup meetings, meals, hotels etc, however I do plan to talk some people into renting little fiats, cheap in Palermo, and doing the targa route in March 2020. Low tourist and traffic, plenty of hotels available!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.