Cortile della Corsa - AROC Convention July 12 -212019 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By AlfaJGD
  • 1 Post By andylarry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to berniem
Cortile della Corsa - AROC Convention July 12 -21 2019

The Cortile Della Corsa: Alfa Romeo's North American Convention to be held in conjuction with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix as it's spotlight Marque of the Year

PITTSBURGH, PA. The Three Rivers Alfisti, the local chapter of the Alfa Romeo Owner's Club (AROC) in North America, is hosting the 2019 AROC Convention which is being called the Cortile della Corsa: The "Courtyard of Racing." The Club has over a weeks worth of events planned including trips to historic Frank Lloyd Wright landmarks, rally tours, a parade into the City of Pittsburgh, which includes a display at the headwaters of the Ohio, and a weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix's Cortile Italian Car Show.

There are 10 days of Alfa Romeo related events happening for the 2019 Alfa Romeo Owners Club convention.

The pre-convention activities start at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Historic Races at Pitt Race where there will be historic and vintage Alfa's on the Track. There will also be several Pre- Convention tours which will visit some of Frank Lloyd Wright's iconic architecture and other historic landmarks in Western Pennsylvania all the while stretching the legs of the Alfa Romeo's on the byways of the Laurel Highlands.

The Convention itself kicks off on Tuesday 16 July with the AROC board meeting followed by a meet and greet at the Ember & Vine located inside the host hotel, the Doubletree Hilton in Cranberry Township, PA.

On Wednesday morning, July 17, Alfa Romeo's will parade through the City of Pittsburgh and then be on display at Point State Park, where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the headwaters of the Ohio River. Alfa Romeo owners will take an afternoon tour around the city in vintage 'Duck Boats". The six-wheel-drive amphibious DUKW's, built in 1944 and 1945, will get in the water and offer a preview of the Tune Up Party location that attendees to the convention will enjoy that evening.

On Thursday, convention participants will enjoy a day at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex for on track "Time Trial" as well as Autocross and some competitive karting amongst CLub members. The event culminates that event at Jergels, starting for with a tech session at Indian Motorcylces of Pittsburgh covering Tuning for the 4C and then moving acrorss the parking lot and up to the VIP Suites at Jergels to be entertained by Three Car Garage.

Friday, July 19 starts off with a Rally through the the backroads of Butler County through McConnells Mill for lunch at Moraine State Park, (not far from where the Jeep was invented) and returning back to the DoubleTree Hilton for a car was sponsered by Meguirs' before heading down to the welcome dinner at The Hisotric Pittsburgh Golf Club to mix and mingle with the Alfa Romeo Vintage Race Cars and drivers.

The Cortile della Corsa Weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is being hosted at the Cortile Italian Car showfield. Saturday will include Cortile Cup Judgine, Alfa Romeo "Shine and Show" Judging ad wll as the prestigious Certificator d' Oro judging for 98-100 point Concours level show cars. Also on display is the 'Courtyard of Racing" - Alfa Romeo race cars from their very robust racing history. This will hearken back to names like Nuvolari, Fangio & Andretti.

Saturday Evening will be capped of with a banquet for Alfa Romeo Club members at the Doubletree Hilton with vocalist Jessica Lee, who also has a unique role in the preservation of Pittsurgh's Blue and Jazz history.

The Convention culminates Sunday with the main event: racing! Racing is what made Alfa Romeo became famous over 100 years ago! There is a special VIP viewing area for Cortile and Club Members at Westinghouse Pond, turn 9 on the purpose built street course, with a lunch hosted by JKS Financial and "Wine on 9" hosted by Mazza Vinyards. It's also the day for paddock tours.
Attached Images

Bernard Martin, Managing Director, "The Cortile" Italian Car Show
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix: 1988 Spider Veloce; 1991 164L

Last edited by berniem; 02-25-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The Pre-Convention Tour registration as just opened up!

This is going to sell out quickly so best to jump on the registration!

Click HERE for more info.
Attached Images

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:56 PM

I have my hotel reservations and Convention events planned! With Alfa as the honored marque for the PVGP, this will surely be one fantastic event! Looking forward to the new Giulia and 4C performance tuning Tech Sessions.

ALFA ANDY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:00 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Registered...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:42 AM

@conedriver, Hi George. Looking forward to seeing you there.

ALFA ANDY
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:29 PM

I’m registered. Going to spend the whole week in Pittsburgh. What a great city!
andylarry likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:49 AM

If possible, I hope to find a bulletin board near registration where I can post a note to perhaps have a meet-up for alfabb, giuliaforums, and other forum members.
AlfaJGD likes this.

ALFA ANDY
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylarry View Post
If possible, I hope to find a bulletin board near registration where I can post a note to perhaps have a meet-up for alfabb, giuliaforums, and other forum members.
Are you implying there will be Alfa owners at the convention that are NOT part of alfabb????
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Are you implying there will be Alfa owners at the convention that are NOT part of alfabb????
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJGD View Post
More importantly, I should point-out that you DO NOT have to be a member of the Alfa Romeo Owner's Club to attend the Convention. This will be a gathering of Vintage and newer Alfas and other Sports Cars like no other, on the East Coast. Not to be missed!

ALFA ANDY
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
More importantly, I should point-out that you DO NOT have to be a member of the Alfa Romeo Owner's Club to attend the Convention. This will be a gathering of Vintage and newer Alfas and other Sports Cars like no other, on the East Coast. Not to be missed!

Actaully, to atttend any of the AROC Convention activities membership is required. However, at the Cortile, Italian Car show of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, other Italian marques will be parking on the adjoining showfield and be lunching both days with the AROC members inside the Pittsburgh Golf Club on Saturday and at the "Wine on 9" trackside VIP area of Turn 9 on Sunday.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Let me know when you might want to do that. I can plug in a slot on the website. I might suggest Thursday Evening at Jergels Rhythm Grille. We could get people together somewhere in the parking lot... perhaps before or after the Eurocompulsion Tech Session, at the Indian Motorcycle Dealer (Jergels Parking Lot) or on the outside patio of Jergels. Let me know. Happy to plug it into the schedule
Attached Images

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:13 PM

Tagging my friends in this!

Mcdonald Worley

Vacail

Weinstein

WintersYonker

GonzalezLevenson
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:16 PM

Tagging my friends in this!

grear

Tags
car show, convention, cortile della corsa, vintage racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode