1991 Spider Radio Code - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Question 1991 Spider Radio Code

I just got this 91 spider from my cousin and have been restoring it. It came to my attention that there was a certain "activation code" or something required for the stereo to work. If i could figure it out that would be sweet! Ive been told that you only get about 3 tries before it locks up. Ill attach a picture of the stereo, im not sure the make and model but hopefully somebody can help me out! Thanks!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Try this thread... there's a phone number in it. It's quite old so I don't know if the info is still good, but it's a place to start
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spid...adio-code.html

1. Check the trunk
2. Check this thread http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/mila...adio-code.html
3. Check this phone number taken from the thread listed above (from 2009)
". . . this has come up before. call Ruth Ann at Alfa parts with the serial # of the radio and she can give you the code.
800-890-ALFA or 510-525-9435"

71 Spider
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM

1991 alfa spider radio code

if you send me the model # and ser#,ON THE TOP OF THE clarion RADio,
i may be able to help you,
i have a code breaker cd for clarion.

to this email [email protected]

Last edited by pininfarina; 04-02-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SalLiotta
I have my radio code but if I enter it incorrectly, the radio locks up and won't accept any more inputs. Does anyone know how to reset this condition?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:29 AM

what does the display read when you turn on the radio?
If it reads "431" then hold the am/fm button down for several seconds...........this might bring up the "code" display flashing on screen, then try entering the code (another guy with a 92 spider original radio/cassette tried this)

If not, it is likely now in lock out mode ("3 strikes and you're out", kind-a-thing!)
Sometimes just leaving the radio on for 24 hours will reset this.....
Sometimes the display has to read "code in" (if you can get that far), then U wait 24 hours.....

only then try to enter the correct code.

If that doesn't work, then you need to get the serial # off it and for sure someone out there will ahve a trick to cure the problem!

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SalLiotta
Holding the AM/FM button for several seconds worked. Thanks for the help.

My radio was locked the display showed the 4 digit code I entered. The code was not the correct code, I was off in one digit (Fat Fingered it). I tried removing power for 24 hours but when I reapplied power, the incorrect code I entered was stilll there and the radio continued to be locked. However, I then tried depressing the "AM/FM" button for several seconds and the radio unlocked and the word "CODe" was displayed. Entering the correct code then unlocked the radio. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderserie4 View Post
what does the display read when you turn on the radio?
If it reads "431" then hold the am/fm button down for several seconds...........this might bring up the "code" display flashing on screen, then try entering the code (another guy with a 92 spider original radio/cassette tried this)

If not, it is likely now in lock out mode ("3 strikes and you're out", kind-a-thing!)
Sometimes just leaving the radio on for 24 hours will reset this.....
Sometimes the display has to read "code in" (if you can get that far), then U wait 24 hours.....

only then try to enter the correct code.

If that doesn't work, then you need to get the serial # off it and for sure someone out there will ahve a trick to cure the problem!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM

I dont know if this will work or not. I have the same problem. Just put a radio in and I dont have the code.

Car Radio Code Calculator – Free

Riz
1987 Alfa Quad
Alfa owner again after 20 years.
Back then my hands worked but couldnt find parts. Not I can find parts but the arthritis gets in the way...
Old 03-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Anyone have any information on this thread ? I realize this is old info but have just recently purchased a 91 with this issue.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Radio codes for old Alfa

Per the above thread:

Call Ruth Ann at Alfa parts with the serial # of the radio and she can give you the code. 800-890-ALFA or 510-525-9435

She has codes for Clarion models, you need the serial number from the head unit (which may require removing the unit from the car to find) and the year.

Tags
radio code spider 1991

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in