Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AROSC - Alfa Romeo Owners Club Southern California (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/arosc-alfa-romeo-owners-club-southern-california/)
-   -   Message Board (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/arosc-alfa-romeo-owners-club-southern-california/8530-message-board.html)

Norman Silverma 12-21-2004 05:06 PM

Message Board

We have eliminated our unmoderated 'Yahoo Groups' message board in favor of a moderated location on AlfaBB. In addition to the obvious, no more request from Nigeria for our bank account numbers, we can now upload pictures with messages.
1 - If you have a question you can -
a) Post it here,
b) Search the wide variety of Information Specific Forums located throughout AlfaBB, or
c) Create your own thread.

Please have a little patience as we try to set up access to our archived messages.

argtv7 12-23-2004 07:35 AM

But what about....

I noticed that you didn't make any mention of Bogdan Shopov. You mean that he won't email me 20 times this year asking what car I have?

italcarguy 12-23-2004 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by argtv7
I noticed that you didn't make any mention of Bogdan Shopov. You mean that he won't email me 20 times this year asking what car I have?

Hey Brad,

Bogdan Shopov was driving me up the wall too! I'm glad it's all over now :)

You gonna be working Russo Steele (sp?) again this year in Scottsdale? What cool cars they gonna have this time?

Bruce Colby 12-23-2004 08:35 AM

Bogdan Shopov, initials = BS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by argtv7

No problem here, I just put him on my spam list.

Norman Silverma 12-23-2004 08:35 AM

Brad;

If you feel lonely, I can always give him your phone number. :D

Bruce Colby 01-13-2005 02:53 PM

AROSC Event Flyers by eMail

This is just a brief reminder that if you want AROSC track event flyers emailed to you, you should join the AROSC_Competition Yahoo group. To do so, send an email to:

[email protected]

argtv7 01-13-2005 03:13 PM

Russo and Steele

Quote:

Originally Posted by italcarguy
Hey Brad,

You gonna be working Russo Steele (sp?) again this year in Scottsdale? What cool cars they gonna have this time?

Yes, we have no Alfas, but some pretty cool cars. The best one is a factory
Shelby Cobra that Dan Gurney drove at Sebring in '63, and we have a Virgil Exner Concept Car, too.

Check out www.russoandsteele.com You can preview all of the cars there.

I've never seen so many Chevelles in my life! People dig 'em, though.

alfabender 01-13-2005 08:24 PM

Bogdan Shopov

Glad to see I wasn't the only one he was bugging. I just started ignoring him, and his emails got sparser. Haven't heard from him for a while. Did he just bug Alfa people, or was it Porsche, Ferrari, BMW etc people as well?

TEAMRX7 03-28-2005 11:51 AM

3rd Annual Buttonwillow Enduro

Hello All.
It is that time of year again for our 3rd annual Alfa Enduro. The only changes that we are looking to make are the following.

1) No madatory pit stops.
2) If you do have to stop for fuel, these stops will long be timed.

I would like eveyones input on this subject. We will discuss this until Friday April 1st.

Please let as may people as possible know about the enduro. We would like to see quite a few cars out there this year.

Thank You,
Greg Nelson
AROSC Time Trial Director

Bruce Colby 03-28-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAMRX7
Hello All.
It is that time of year again for our 3rd annual Alfa Enduro. The only changes that we are looking to make are the following.

1) No madatory pit stops.
2) If you do have to stop for fuel, these stops will long be timed.

I would like eveyones input on this subject. We will discuss this until Friday April 1st.

Please let as may people as possible know about the enduro. We would like to see quite a few cars out there this year.

Thank You,
Greg Nelson

Item 2 contains a bit of a typo so I'll try to clarify. At previous endruos, we have had a mandatory pit stop which required a minimum time/stay in the pits. There were penalties for a short stay in the pits. The intent this year is do away with the mandatory pit stop and with it, the minimum time requirement.

Please note that we also had a penalty for fuel spillage and that this will remain in effect.

AntonyR 09-21-2012 10:07 AM

Since this is a message board, I was hoping to post a help needed message. Is there anyone in OC that has a supply of valve shims available? I have my 2.0 cams off and was doing an badly needed adjustment, when I found that there are a few valves that are too far out from any of the few shims I have in my garage. I wanted to go to the meeting tomorrow at the winery but a few shims are standing in my way!

jonapurcell 04-20-2013 09:55 AM

Question Norm

I am confused as to what clubs can be joined in Socal. Can you please explain the choices and what the differences are in terms of activity and events per club for example...many thanks.

Jon

Bruce Colby 04-20-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonapurcell (Post 1248816)
I am confused as to what clubs can be joined in Socal. Can you please explain the choices and what the differences are in terms of activity and events per club for example...many thanks.

Jon

Hey Jon,

As I'm sort of a neighbor, perhaps I can help. Your closest AROC chapter is the San Diego one, AROCSD. AROCSD is primarily a social organization and they frequently meet in North County. You can check them out at AROCSD.org | Alfa Romeo Owners Club of San Diego.

The other close one is AROSC which is more or less LA. AROSC are also very active when it comes to social event but they also run about 6 to 8 track events each year plus about 3 concours. You can check them out at AROSC Home Page.

I'm actually a happy member of both, something AROC National readily supports.

jonapurcell 04-20-2013 04:56 PM

thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

Jon

kteslick 02-16-2014 06:56 PM

Thought you might enjoy these pics.
kurt eslick
Alfas are my favorite subjects