2017 Giulia Ti Q2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Racer Z

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Cool 2017 Giulia Ti Q2

After a four month wait, our special order Giulia has arrived.

We'll be showing her at the Franklin Canyon car show in June.

I haven't been able to drive her much, my wife keeps stealing the keys and going for joy rides.

She's (the car, not the wife) Montecarlo Blue with cream Lusso interior and real wood trim. The Q2 denotes that she has a mechanical performance package that includes a limited slip differential, active suspension and paddle shifters. We went with the upgraded SatNav and Harmon Kardon stereo with 14 speakers. Rather specifically, refused the sunroof and dynamic driver assist package.

Maybe in a few more weeks I can take her up into the canyons and see how she drives. She is a saloon though, not a sports car.
beermanpete and Max Pershyn like this.

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:35 AM
Gold Subscriber

So your thoughts on the car now a year later...pros, cons, undecides, and what would you like to see in the next generation, or what model would you like them to import that they have not so far.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ireland View Post
So your thoughts on the car now a year later...pros, cons, undecides, and what would you like to see in the next generation, or what model would you like them to import that they have not so far.
John, I just saw your post, sorry for the delay. We met at the track (Streets of Willow) over the weekend, I was driving my little red 4C. Was nice to see you and your Grey Giulia Ti Q2.

My eleven month and 13,000 mile review of our 2017 Giulia Ti Q2 with Lusso interior.

I'm in love! Oh Giulia!

It's one of those sick and twisted love triangles. I'm caught between my wife (who says I never put her first), my 2015 4C and our 2017 Giulia. Without a doubt, my wife is the love of my life. But, getting back to all things mechanical, my Illusive 4C is my daily driver, my one and only. The Giulia is without a doubt the best sedan I've ever driven. But, sedans just don't compare to sport coupes.

We special ordered our Giulia Ti Q2 in January 2017 and took delivery in May 2017. I didn't like the rims that were included with the Lusso interior, so I order factory 19x9 dark five-hole wheels (four) and put Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on them. I had the oil changed at 800 miles (I'm old school) and headed out for Skowhegan, Maine. The odometer turn 10,000 miles just as we returned back to Los Angeles. By now the car was just about four months old.

Plenty of Interstate Highways, Maine and Vermont back roads and even Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina. Our new Giulia was loaded down with our luggage. In Maine we bought an old corner sink that we couldn't live without. The antique dealer want $300 shipping so I stuffed it in the trunk and motored on home with it.

She's a well handling car, very well mannered regardless of what we've thrown at her. Just a superb highway car, a real Touring Car. I'm questioning why AR didn't tag her as a GT car. I've chased sport cars and sport bikes around in the canyons (the car was empty) and she has the suspension and torque to perform very well. Even going through Tail of the Dragon with my wife, our luggage and a bathroom sink, she performed quite well.

The Pros:
- She's an Alfa Romeo.
- She drives well and feels great.
- The ergonomics are well thought out.
- To a large extent, she's what we use to call a 'sleeper' back in high school. She's much more formidable than she appears to be.
- The Harmon Kardon stereo with 14 speakers is great, once I adjusted things.
- The driver's seat is adjustable to fit almost any size person and has three memory buttons.
- She's so enjoyable to drive around town that sometimes I choose her over my daily driver (Alfa Romeo 4C).

The Cons:
- The built-in Sat-Nav leaves a lot to be desired. We both feel like we wasted $500 with this option. But, it's our first car ever with a built in SatNav, so I don't have a comparison. Perhaps all SatNavs are this bad.
- I don't like how the driver's seat moves back when I turn off the engine and open the door.
- The remote seems to push it's own buttons. The trunk has opened because I bent over with the key in my pocket. The car engine has self-started for the same reason. The panic alarm has gone off many times, just because.
- The front parking sensors need a software adjustment... They tend to alarm while in park and reverse, making it impossible to adjust things like the heater.
- She's so enjoyable to drive around town that sometimes I choose her over my daily driver (Alfa Romeo 4C).

Really and truly, the list of cons are all very minor things. Some of which AR might address (I hope). Some are just Alfa quirks that we've gotten use to.

There's a lot of talk about reliability with Alfa Romeo cars. All I can say is that in eleven months and 13,000 miles, we've not had one issue. Except last week. We were going out to dinner and found a dead battery. Fortunately, the Giulia was park at the house and we have other cars to drive. Later I got the car towed to the dealer. The new car warranty covered the towing. The mechanic took one look at the battery and said it's from a known batch of bad batteries. The battery has been replaced free of charge.

AR has issued several updates along the way. Each one fixes little things that we've simply accepted as Alfa Character. Some do address bigger issues that other have experience, but we didn't. She's still in the shop for the battery thing getting more updates. In all fairness to Alfa, she's only been there a few days.

It's a tough life when I'm forced to drive my Alfa while my Alfa is in the shop.

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Gold Subscriber

Great story on all those miles in such a short period of time. The seems to be the start of a new era in the US market. It is hard not to keep my foot in it all the time. Write about you 4c experiences too. Or is that already posted elsewhere?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode