Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AROSC - Alfa Romeo Owners Club Southern California (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/arosc-alfa-romeo-owners-club-southern-california/)
-   -   Latest News on Concorso and Monterey (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/arosc-alfa-romeo-owners-club-southern-california/5865-latest-news-concorso-monterey.html)

Desert Tortoise 08-02-2004 12:24 PM

Latest News on Concorso and Monterey

I'm just wondering what the latest plans are for folks going up to the Concorso Italiano and the Monterey Historics. There were some messages here before summarizing people's plans, but those were lost in the recent shenanigans.

I'm not sure if I'll be going at this point. My car is still in the shop, and my kids will be in school. If I go, I'll probably be leaving early Friday morning and coming back Saturday.

I hope I run into some of you guys, but I've never been to this event before. I'll probably do something stupid, such as pulling up to the wine counter and asking for a Pabst Blue Ribbon. But, then again, to avoid something so embarrassing as that, I'll probably just pop a few cans and put them my hat:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/gsdotcom_1805_6272325

I'm sure that'll endear me to the Carmelites.

Cheers

tokky28 08-03-2004 12:41 AM

wouldn't the straw act as a siphon and splatter all the root beer on your face? =>

Norman Silverma 08-04-2004 12:51 AM

Hope you have a good friend within 50 miles or so that will put you up for Fri. night. Well over 100,000 people descend on the peninsular for the weekend, rooms are willed to family members and if you do find one there is probably a 3 or 4 day minimum.
If you make it, look us up. My 65 Spider Veloce is not hard to find. Graphite Gray with Red interior. We generally have good information for finding stashes of old grape juice. :D

Desert Tortoise 08-05-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Silverma
Hope you have a good friend within 50 miles or so that will put you up for Fri. night. Well over 100,000 people descend on the peninsular for the weekend, rooms are willed to family members and if you do find one there is probably a 3 or 4 day minimum.
If you make it, look us up. My 65 Spider Veloce is not hard to find. Graphite Gray with Red interior. We generally have good information for finding stashes of old grape juice. :D

I have family in the area so I'll be on their couch. If I see your 65 Veloce and the keys are left unattended, I will be stealing your car. I've seen it and I want it. Don't consider this a threat. Theft is really the highest form of flattery.

I should say, however, that I just got off the phone with the body shop, and it's not looking like I'll have my car ready in time. That means your car is probably safe for the time being, and you'll probably have a little extra grape juice around.

Do have fun.

Bill77 08-05-2004 06:22 PM

I am sooo jealous. I got to go last year on my employer's dime and that whole weekend was a blast! This year will be even better with Alfa being a featured marque. Please take lots of jpegs and post 'em so all of us poor saps can drool over the cars. :)

italcarguy 08-05-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill77
Please take lots of jpegs and post 'em so all of us poor saps can drool over the cars. :)

I'm gonna take my digital camera with me as well as the good ol' lap top so I'll have teaser pics up each night :) I should have a gallery ready by mid week as well.