Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Automotive Calendar of Events - new owner, new look

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nashwill 
#1 ·
As has been noted here, the Autobooks-Aerobooks store in Burbank is now owned by Chuck Forward and Tina Van Curen. Not their least motivation was Tina's long-standing desire to take charge of ACE, formerly known as "Miss Information", which has been owned by the bookstore for a couple of years now. She and Chuck asked me to re-design the magazine, and to consider the possibility of taking over its production. Well, just as I was getting the design part wrapped up, the production guy handed in his resignation, effective immediately, and all of a sudden I had me a magazine to do...about two weeks before the publishing deadline! Hey, I guess I'm not retired anymore...

If you haven't seen this thing, it lists six months' worth of car-related events in California, Nevada and Arizona, plus car club websites and hotlines, and lists of service provider websites and car museums. As of this issue it also offers car-related, noncommercial classifieds. All of these listings are free to anyone - you don't have to be a subscriber, though we don't discourage that, either. For access to subscription information, to submit any listings or classifieds, and for commercial ad rate information, go to www.autobooks-aerobooks.com and click on ACE. And if you'd like to see a copy of the magazine, let me know. My email is in my profile.

Will Owen

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, Will! Congratulations on the new gig - sounds like a great challenge for you. Sometime we'll have to make our trips to Nashville coincide, preferably on a flea market weekend. Look forward to seeing more of you here.

Bill Sinclair

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.