I Spied.....Anyone Know the Car? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

I Spied.....Anyone Know the Car?

I think it was Friday, June 15, 2007, (it's been a long week with some unexpected adventures) around 3:00 p.m. heading westbound on Chapman Avenue in Fullerton between Euclid Avenue and Harbor Boulevard.

A "distracted" redish/blonde haired female, driving a "weird" colored kam tail spider eastbound on Chapman Avenue while talking on her cell phone who made an illegal u-turn on Chapman Avenue between Woods Avenue and Highland Avenue, and then proceeded westbound until she made a right turn on Target Way into the shopping center.

About the spider; it was a silver/bronze color depending on how the light hit it with kind of a pink cast, had a personalized license plate that misspelled rainbow with an "I love heart" after it. It also had non-original Alfa emblems on each side of the rear personalized plate.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM

I don't know about the car but she sounds like a future Board Member !!

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

About 2:10 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, 2007, making a right turn off of Euclid Avenue going northbound on to Chapman Avenue heading eastbound. Creme colored kamm tail spider. May have been Ian Evans, I was heading westbound on Malvern and couldn't see that much in my rear view mirror as far as further identification or if the car turned again at the next light.

Cheryl

Last edited by Pat Braden; 07-29-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

My Younger Teenage Daughter's Cell Call Today

I'll apologize in advance that this daughter didn't get the same Alfa training as the older one....Pat died too soon, when she was 10.

While I was sitting in a gas line that you can read about on "Changing the Subject within the Thread" Pat and my youngest daughter was attending a car show in Seal Beach with relatives. The conversation went something like this through her excitement:

"Mom, I'm so excited there was an Alfa at this car show and I talked to the guy and he knew Dad. He said he was the 'God of Alfas.'"

(I've heard him referred to as a lot of things and in a lot of ways, but not quite this phraseology.)

I ask her, what kind of Alfa was it? How did you know it was an Alfa?

"I don't know." "I recognized the logo." "But it was the only Alfa there."

(I'm pretty sure that means emblem or badge to you and I.)

(Back to the basics, was it a coupe or a spider....)

"I don't know."

(Did it have a top and two doors or was it a convertible? I suppose it was red.)

"It had a top and two doors." "It was red."

(What can you tell me about the guy or the what he told you about the car.)

"The car is a 1968, it has lived in many states and countries." "The guy had on a red and white Alfa shirt, grey hair, and was thin."

I'm assuming it's possibly a red GTV and that the owner has traveled abroad and possibly taken the car with him. I have to say it just cracked me up, with her description --- how many of us own red/white Alfa shirts, that's a very distinguishing characteristic; some of mine actually say Barber's Shop on them.

Any idea who this might have been that talked to my daughter this a.m. and lit the Alfa fire under her that has been barely flickering previously?

Cheryl
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 PM

I don't know, but let's hope it keeps on burning! A woman Alfa enthusiast is rare commodity these days.

I about break my neck every time I see a woman driving her Alfa.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Spotted a Alfetta GTV Today / 05/06/08

4:45 p.m. heading south on the 605 Freeway in the lanes to change to the 405/22 southbound. Red, had two of those breast cancer bows on the rear, one on each side of the license plate. The one on the right hand side was yellow. I was over 4 lanes of traffic so I couldn't see the plate or what color the other bow was. It appeared to have some kind of gold trim.

Anyone know the car?

Cheryl
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to manuelalfaholic
More femmes fatal sightings in LA

Rosso Amaranto 74 GTV with tan interior in Beverly Hills. I saw her 3 times already. The last time she was sitting in the car talking on the phone , I approached her and talked all about the BB asking her to join. Dark curly haired brunette. I hope she joins the board and posts some photos of both car and driver! ( this should be in Alfa sightings , but this thread looks like a lot more fun ! Sorry! Manuel..........)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:07 PM

I spied... a white spider traveling north on the 405 near the 101 today, around 5:00 pm. Out of state plates.

Patrick Russell
Red Mustang GT
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Close to 6:00 p.m., 11/01/08, white kamm tail spider with black spoiler and what looked like a bike rack on the rear, heading eastbound on Madison Avenue in Placentia, toward the 4-way stop at Bradford. Anyone on the bb? It was getting dark, so hard to see much else as I was heading westbound in a light drizzle.

Cheryl
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

I Spied .... Anyone Know the Car?

Sliver kamm tail spider with black spoiler and black convertible top heading westbound on Imperial Highway at Palm in either Brea or Fullerton, not sure where the city line is in that area, at 6:59 p.m. on Monday, April 20, 2009. Driver had on a baseball cap.

Cheryl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode