AROSC TT & Race, Auto Club Speedway Sept 19-20 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By vrinner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

AROSC TT & Race, Auto Club Speedway Sept 19-20

Hi all:

We are running the infield at Auto Club Speedway Sept 19-20.

We have been concerned with the level of driver skills at some of our shared events, and some of you have elected not to participate in these shared events. Safety is a number one priority at AROSC events, and we share your concerns.

For this event, we will have our very own time trial run group for intermediate and advanced drivers. This group will be limited to 30 cars, and therefore we expect it to sell out. Sign up early to ensure that you will be in the "good guys" sessions! See you there!

Registration: AROSC Time Trials & Races info on Sep 19, 2015 (491059) | MotorsportReg.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM

Garage
The entry list doesn't show any Alfa's attending...is there a separate list for that?

Hector
'91 Spider Veloce
'85 GTV6
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutdhec View Post
The entry list doesn't show any Alfa's attending...is there a separate list for that?
So far, no other Alfas. We hardly get any Alfas at our events any more, except at our January Willow events, where we heavily promote an "Alfa Only" run group.

Wish we did have more Alfas coming out, but most of the guys leave them at home and bring out something newer, cheaper, and maybe faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 12:20 AM

Coming out for a Saturday run with a newer Mustang. Getting too much crap for never having a car that can finish an event so I'm playing it safe with this one.

Glad to be back on the track with you guys.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 07:26 PM

Sorry, no, I have to miss this one.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 11:07 AM

Are passengers allowed in the intermediate time trial group?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrinner View Post
Coming out for a Saturday run with a newer Mustang. Getting too much crap for never having a car that can finish an event so I'm playing it safe with this one.

Glad to be back on the track with you guys.
Don't be bringing any of that late model stuff here, Vince!!!

I assume it'll be the Laguna Seca?

Bob

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewidower View Post
Don't be bringing any of that late model stuff here, Vince!!!

I assume it'll be the Laguna Seca?

Bob
Ha...yeah...sick of DNF's in the SVO. I got the big motor in the SVO but still need to finish the exhaust and then either put the Stinger computer back in or get it tuned on the MS.

Gonna be bringing the stock Laguna Seca out just for some fun.
horsewidower likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

9/14/15

AROSC RACE/TT WEEKEND - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
SEPTEMBER 19 - 20, 2015

Due to unforeseen circumstances, AROSC Race/Time Trial participation in the joint ExtremeSpeed/AROSC event this coming weekend has been cancelled.

The AROSC Race/TT schedule was agreed and finalized prior to 2015. AROSC shared events are worked out well before the event takes place, and agreed with host clubs before accepting any shared events. AROSC requires specific terms regarding track, price, safety, run groups, etc.

At this time the host group could not provide the proper insurance coverage to adequately cover AROSC and its participants at this ISC owned track (AAA). We have expended considerable effort to make this work from the moment we found this to be an issue. We have contacted the host club, the track risk management, other host motorsport groups, motorsport insurance providers, and obtained legal advice on the issue of insurance coverage.

At this point, unfortunately, AROSC has made a decision to withdraw from this event due to potential liability, from a an incident causing harm to participants, course workers or track itself. Knowingly running the event without the proper insurance creates unreasonable risk to both the club and individual participants, creating a situation that AROSC is not willing to risk.

We regret having to cancel any event, especially at the last minute. All entry fees will be refunded in full, or credit issued for future events. We appreciate your continued support of AROSC and its long history of conducting track events and driving schools in Southern California.yes
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Gold Subscriber

Hi. Looks like Buttonwillow in December also cancelled. Same problem? Thanks.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswhite View Post
Hi. Looks like Buttonwillow in December also cancelled. Same problem? Thanks.
AROSC has terminated all shared events with Extreme Speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode