Alfa Mechanic near Antelope Valley, CA. sought - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Alfa Mechanic near Antelope Valley, CA. sought

Hey everyone, I live in Antelope Valley, I have an S2 Spider, and I'm looking for a reputable Alfa mechanic…can anyone recommend someone…or the nearest one… Thanks

"If you don't know who your village idiot is..." Rogue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 10:53 PM

Alfa shop

APC on Batavia in Orange, CA
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaonly View Post
APC on Batavia in Orange, CA
Orange isn't very close to Antelope Valley. Santos in Northridge would be closer, though "close" is a relative term here.

Rogue: What do you need done? Might a general, European car repair shop closer to you be able to accomplish it?

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'63 Guilia spider
'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Alfajay, thanks for the response…I do a lot of my own work, so if I can't figure it out, it's probably going to take an expert. Case in point, I recently had a running issue. I'd go somewhere, park, come back out, and she wouldn't start. She'd turn over, maybe even run rough, but not stay running…and my oil pressure light would be on…even though the gauge said the pressure was normal. I bought a new fuel pump from an Alfa parts supplier, but there were no polarity markings, so I called the supplier…and they told me the polarity. I put it in…and she still won't start. So I take the air box off, and starting at the front of the engine, take fuel lines off one by one. After all, it can't be the fuel pump, it's brand new…and I can hear it running. Well after much effort, guess what I find…the new fuel pump isn't pumping! So I call the supplier the next day, and a different person pulls a pump off the shelf and informs me there ARE polarity markings, but they're teeny tiny. I couldn't see them with my bifocals. Turns out I was given the wrong polarity the first time! *&%%&&^ After I switched it around she was purring like a kitten. On a side note, I discover that my oil pressure light was actually my fuel pressure light. Someone working under the dash of the car before I got it, switched them around…more (&&*%(&^^&$#
With regards to your suggesting Santos…I took my last spider there a while back, but was not completely satisfied. There is a shop in Burbank on San Fernando Road called Alfa Italia…anyone have any feedback on them?

"If you don't know who your village idiot is..." Rogue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 07:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to hattie102
Hi Rogue. I had an unfortunate ladder incident in the garage a few weeks back and now my 84 Spider has a lovely ding in the right front fender. Sent an inquiry to Alfa Italia to see about getting an estimate to repair and having my veloce script badges reattached. If you're interested in a trip to Burbank you're welcome to meet me there and check the place out. I haven't had a lot of time to meet the local Alfa folks since relocating.

Thanks,

Hattie

1991 164S - It's running again!
1984 Spider Veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode