Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Buttonwillow Event, 27-28 Sept 2014

4K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Racer Z 
#1 ·
27 & 28 September 2014 at Buttonwillow is not far away.
AROSC Buttonwillow Sep 2014

We're taking our Datson 240Z for open passing.

I bought a Fiat 500 Abarth I want to play with, see how it feels on the track. It sure is fun in the canyons.

That's two from Escargot Racing. Hm, maybe I'm Turbo Snail now. LMAO

Not sure about my Dad (Art). ATM his Step-Nose has the engine out (again).

I'm looking forward to a fun weekend.

#6 ·
I have tried unsuccessfully to join the 500 Madness Meet Up. Racer Z, can you post that you have to bring your own Snell helmet (refer to the Tech sheet), and downplay anything about the Enduro, which is not going to happen. The 500 Madness group should NOT be discussing a 2 hour enduro!!!

#7 ·
I have a question. It pertains to safety.

My new Fiat 500 Abarth is a soft top, Cabrio. It has no roll bar. What it does have is big thick heavy side bars. The A pillar runs the length of the car connecting the to B pillar and then becomes the C pillar. It's estimated that it can withstand six (6) times it's weight in a roll-over. This compares to the Mini at three times and the Smart Car at 1.5 times. As near as I can tell, the coupe version only has thin sheet metal where mine has fabric.

The rules state that all open top cars must have a roll bar or roll over protection. I think the heavy side bars qualify as roll over protection.

I want to run my Cabrio in Point By (Intermediate). I need to put in a fire extinguisher still.

#12 ·
I will be out with my newly built GTV racer. It will be for testing and tuning only so I will be in one of the T.T. groups on Sunday. I will try not to get in anyones way. Satuday I will be Cheering Bob and Peter on with thier 240 Z and FIAT Abarth.

Art

sat

#15 ·
Had a bad bike accident 5 weeks ago, concussion, broken nose, etc. Everything has pretty much healed up, but I am still suffering some effects of the concussion. Was going to come and watch, but I am not sure I could deal with a day at the track and the noise.

#17 ·
Fire and Safety crew will be at Buttonwillow this weekend.

A number of people have expressed to me in the last couple of days that they were not running Buttonwillow this weekend because NCRC does not provide Fire & Rescue services. It is true that NCRC does NOT provide these services at their track events. HOWEVER, AROSC requires this added level of safety at all of our events.

Because of this, AROSC has contracted with Advanced Fire & Rescue to be at the track both days. Hopefully, they will sit in their truck all weekend, but if needed, they are excellent!

#19 ·
We went, we raced, we had fun, we made it home. Dad's new GTV did well, nothing fell off or spewed out. Our Datsun did well as did my Abarth. Weather was perfect. It was great to be back on the track again. Was nice to see all of you. I'm planning on being at the driving school in November.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.