RSRacing-Ron Simons/Group 2 GiroDisc/GoTech January Road-Trip! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

...and what does Judy think about all of this craziness...? You haven't even asked her, have you Jes...!?

Yeah, that is why we are thinking Omega, Santos and APC during the week following and then your house every night for the after-party until we head to New York to go and hang with that crazy Sweed Nick E....

Full-Race 6-Speed Getrag 3.7 Litre 24v Milano; 1993 155 TS 2.0; 1999 24 Valve 3.0 916 GTV; 1995 164Q; 1987 Milano Verde; 1966 GTV Stepnose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Well, we are on for a 5-day California-trip starting at Willow Springs on Saturday night (flying in) and the presentations at the track on Sunday during the day and then the LA/San Diego-areas next week.

The track-folks told me that we can set up in either one of the two meeting rooms (I guess that we can pick one when we get there - closest - relative to the action...)

Jes - does this offer still stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR4me View Post
...IMHO a session at the track may be somewhat disappointing to you and Ron as people are usually VERY busy managing their track stuff... ...Regarding housing: ...For the 3-4 days in the following week that you mention, you and Ron are welcome to stay at my house. Heck, you can even use my garage for an informal tech session - for a small fee . No lift, but good enough for building Roxanne (has RSR suspension). I will also have my street 75 GTA (with RSR suspension, the original first prototype GiroDisc brake kit, 3.2 V6 Glenwood GTA engine) as example. I have a home entertainment system with big screen TV for his presentations (though playing Euro DVDs on a US DVD player could be a problem!)... Jes
I thinking that with the weather and all (depending on how things work out at the track un Sunday), we may very well take you up on this for maybe Monday-night or something!

Better talk to Judy...

Full-Race 6-Speed Getrag 3.7 Litre 24v Milano; 1993 155 TS 2.0; 1999 24 Valve 3.0 916 GTV; 1995 164Q; 1987 Milano Verde; 1966 GTV Stepnose
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Ok, so we'll do an informal meeting and tech session at my house Tuesday, 1/16. Ron will talk about his 75 Experience school at the Nurburgring and the RS Racing suspension kit. I have his kit on both my race car and the street car - it works beautifully! The street car also has the GiroDisk/G2 brake kit and a 3.2 Glenwood engine running GoTech Pro, 246 RWHP - no words necessary . Both cars will be here, and I believe Ron and John are also carrying display pieces for hands-on inspection.

Since it is a weekday and I need to get home from work we will start around 6 pm. I think John offered to get Pizza and beer This is an informal get together with a great opportunity to learn more about this stuff, and not least, meet some great people and have some fun.

Please PM your attendance and I will provide directions. Space is somewhat limited, so first come first serve.

Jes

87 Milano Verde - daily driver -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car - Running again after 3 year hibernation...
(Repeating what I suggest or do, is at your own risk - be critical)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Jes, thanks a bunch for extending this invitation...

With so many cars broken-down this weekend and several no-shows - this is a nice back-up! We will still be at Willow Springs in the morning (today!!! - gotta get to bed), but we will then be at your house on Tuesday night as well - ROn can show some of his Nurburgring videos etc...

Yes, I am buying Pizza and beer, but please send Jes a PM so that he knows that you are coming...

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 07:40 AM

Perhaps I should mention this is in south Orange County.
Jes

- SOLD
- SOLD
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Can't wait - got a nice list forming already...!

...and since it was so cold and the Alfa-attendance was somewhat sparse at Willow Springs this past weekend, we thought that this would be great - warm garage - all of Jes' toys around and a big-screen TV, beer and Pizza!

Time permitting I can also chat about the very affordable GoTech, fully-programmable, stand-alone engine management systems - installed on Jes' 3.2 24 valve Milano Verde street-car! (I have a couple of extra boxes here with me too.)

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 04:36 PM

JJ, Jes.

I tried my best to get two plane tickets to get down there for this evening's soiree with Ron Simons, but the return flights back to San Jose were too early. I would love to meet Ron Simons and the rest of the Alfa-gang down there.

May I ask a favor? Turn on the video camera and record the event on tape. I will volunteer to make the first video blog of this event and post the link in a sticky so we can have something to watch. I'll edit the video once I've downloaded it to my computer, and will return the tape to the rightful owner.

Please?
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Wow, I would have like have driven down in the 75 24V to see Ron and Jes' 75 GTA.

If I only had a title!!!! I'm tired of waiting to be pulled over by the CHP beacuse of a friend of ours on the BB who sold me a car. Remember friends, never buy a car without a title in hand.

Now back to regular programming!

Louis
2011 M3 e90 ZCP no sunroof, 2004 M3 e46 no sunroof , 1987 Milano 24v, 1987 Milano Verde
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

...that must be Chip or Larry right - that was where the car came from....? (Can somebody do some nut-kicking here! ) A gentle tapping of the general sack-area will sometimes suffice too!

Can somebody do some nut-kicking here! A gentle tapping of the general sack area will sometimes suffice too!

You guys really missed out – GREAT session… Thanks to Ron and to Martin from GiroDisc for spending the time to share your knowledge! Thank you all for coming and Jes - thanks again for hosting!

Nizam – take the American red-eye to New York on Friday night/Saturday morning – spend the day in the session – take April for a nice dinner Saturday night – fly home Sunday! Be her hero at the same time! (Not that you aren't already, but you know what mean…)

Last edited by junglejustice; 01-17-2007 at 07:31 AM.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:33 PM

So, no pictures, or video eh. NYC is a bit of a stretch, sorry boss.

Glad you guys had fun!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Sorry Nizam - didn't see your post until this morning.

I did take a few pics during Ron's presentation. It was just great - Ron is a resource beyond belief. He presented, explained, and answered questions regarding our cars, suspension setup, handling, driving, racing, the Nurburgring (obviously), his race school, etc. Since he and JJ stayed at the house for 3 days, he also got a chance to drive my 3.2 with RSR suspension and provided some feedback on suspension tuning to further increase traction. Unfortunately, Roxanne wasn't drivable, or I'm sure he could have given me a few pointers there as well. Besides being super knowledgable, he is also a great guy - it was a blast.

Martin put solid science behind brake performance. It was very educational as he explained about brake fluids, pads, rotors, dimensioning of brake systems, how the suspension and brakes need to work together etc. He also answered questions and provided pointers to solving specific issues.

A big thank you to Ron and Martin!

Too bad it was a week-day, or we could have continued for hours.

BTW, the reason the 3.2 was running rich when JJ fired it up was that the vacuum line for the MAP sensor in the ECU had come off. Consequently, the ECU was providing fuel corresponding to max load Once reattached it ran as smooth as usual

Jes
Attached Images

- SOLD
- SOLD

Last edited by AR4me; 01-17-2007 at 10:10 PM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:44 AM

It was great meeting new faces and old. I greatly enjoyed the tech session. John, thanks for organizing it. Ron and Martin, thank you so much for sharing your valuable knowledge. Jes, thanks for providing the place.

The only regret I had was not having enough time with them. East coasters, I would start preparing for the tech session by identifying what your car is doing, what you want it to do, and also by having your car specs ready. Ron, gave me hints as to how I could better set up my RSR suspension and alignment. IMHO, I think RSR suspension is the best investment I made for my GTV6. It simply works! Martin taught us about brake theory, shared his thoughts about various compounds/fluids and showed us how we can maximize our braking at the track. I want to start making changes as recommended by Ron and Martin. I can't wait until Buttonwillow!

After watching Ron's 75 Experience videos, I'm ready to pack my bags and head to Germany .... hopefully this year.

Colin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode