Alfa Romeo Forums banner

AROSC @ Buttonwillow, May 2006

14K views 140 replies 27 participants last post by  jess 
#1 ·
Anyone going or planning to go?

#28 ·
Biscione said:
Will this be the second annual Thieriot Memorial Enduro?
:)
Last year at this event we presented the first "Charlie Thieriot Cup" award. It went to our head of Tech and Safety, Paul Ellis. Neither the '05 Buttonwillow event nor the enduro, however, bore Charlie's name. That honor went to the Jan '05 WSIR event which was cancelled due to snow. Even though Charlie's name isn't on an event this year, we do plan to award the second "Charlie Thieriot Cup" at Buttonwillow.

#31 ·
Since the 3.7 Milano was set-back a bit recently (and won't be "back" for a while) and the Milano Verde is out of commision at the moment I've got a $500 stock Milano Platinum :) Although rough cosmetically it is in decent shape mechanically. With a little work it should be ready for BW :D ...
Jes

#32 ·
Rick,

You coming out to play? I wanna see how the GTA matches up to your GTV. We already know how it doesn't to the GT Jr. ;) All kidding aside, you need to come to this event. The Charlie T. Memorial Weekend wouldn't be the same without his old ace crew chief! BTW, I got dibs on #33.

#33 ·
geh458 said:
I want to go, but have a problem to find on the car. During my timed run at the WSIR TT last weekend, the water temp hit 260 near the end of my third lap. I'll keep you all posted as to my plans for Buttonwillow.
Took the car to Santo's Italian Car Service this past Saturday, and he vary quickly found the problem, a blown head gasket. I didn't get a close look at the compression gauge, but cylinder 4,3 & 2 appered to be between 150-160psi from my veiw off to the side, while #1 was closer to 70psi. The other test he did indicated exhaust gasses getting into the cooling system. So, if all goes well, I'll get the car back at the end of the week, and then, Buttonwillow here I come.

#35 ·
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... I'll be there! I'm guessing that the fabulous AROSC timing and scoring crew can keep track of both of us using #33. (Call mine #331... I'll stick on a little piece of tape.) As for the enduro... I would be delighted to co-drive the GTA with you!

#38 ·
italcarguy said:
Wow, looks like a good number of us our going...

AR4ME - MILANO
NIZAM - MILANO
GEH458 - GTV
ITALCARGUY - GTA
JRCLEM - GTV
? ITALSPEED - TZ & GTA ?
SILVERSPRINT - MR2
PATSMX5 - MIATA
SLAYSMAN - XR4TI
BRUCECOLBY - GTV
ALFABENDER - GTV
75EVO - MILANO
RACERX- SUPER

Anyone else?

Anthony,

This brings up an important question. Do you have a supply of AlfaBB window stickers? It would be nice to know who's on the board.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.