Buttonwillow June 15-16 Registration now open - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Colby View Post
The results have been posted.
Thank you Bruce for posting the results.
2 things: I was given a First place medal in class P for the Enduro, when the winner in class P was Gary Joseph in the Celica. I guess initially he showed as TCRA member and was not included in the AROSC list. I'll be happy to return the medal.
Secondly, the Enduro race occurred on June 15, *not* on June 16, as it shows in the AROSC race results web page.
Jorge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 06:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to argtv7
I have the toughest name in the world to spell. Much harder than Guiral or Mazlumian. It's Gray. If the recently posted results are confusing (Gray, Grag or Grey, I guess I was all three at Buttonwillow), it's still me.

Bradley Gray
1974 Spider
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argtv7 View Post
I have the toughest name in the world to spell. Much harder than Guiral or Mazlumian. It's Gray. If the recently posted results are confusing (Gray, Grag or Grey, I guess I was all three at Buttonwillow), it's still me.

You told me to call you what I want just don't call you late for dinner...now the rules change. Lol

Dennis Fibrow - A director of some sort, we just dont know of what.
1986 black #48 toyota Mr2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 08:13 AM

OK, I've corrected all the typos you guys pointed out plus one other (Tony Presto in an "RX&", that's a good one!). If someone finds more, let me know.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 04:09 PM

Ncrc does NOT have Fire and rescue, that is one of the reason (TCRA) does not have joint event with them anymore.
Is just plain unsafe, IMO
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 04:42 PM

After reading about the lack of Fire Rescue at this NCRC event AND the lack of Fire Rescue at Chuckwalla (I was at Chuckwalla), I'm going to be asking before I register for each event from now on.
No Fire Rescue, I won't sign up.
The point is to minimize the risks at a dangerous event, not to maximize the risks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Granted I don't run with AlfaClub as much as I would like, personally, if the minimum equipment isn't in place I'll be going home.

Racer Z ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:35 PM

I was not at these events so I don't know if F&R was there or not but I did get this from NCRC. They talk safety!:

<<First Real-Life Test of NCRC Convertible Safety Rule

NCRC's rules regarding convertible roll-over protection are some of the strictest, if not the strictest in the industry, and we've taken a fair bit of heat for these rules over the years. We knew when we decided years ago to be at the forefront of convertible safety, that it would cost us money, but the decision was purely made to increase the safety of the drivers at our events. In fact, our ongoing safety reimbursement program (Track and Racing Events - Northern California Racing Club/American Racing Club) has been a huge success in making these drivers safer not only at NCRC events, but at all other club events.

An incident at our event this weekend has shown this to be a wise decision. A convertible in our beginner group with an instructor on-board ended up on its roof. In order to pass the broomstick test to be able to attend our events, this driver was required to modify his car. After the roll-over, the occupants walked away without injury. The result would have been dramatically different without these mandated modifications.>>
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

I got the same email. Interestingly, AROSC has stricter safety requirements than NCRC and most of the "driving clubs". We require all natural clothing (or Nomex) neck to wrists to ankles, and GLOVES! I cannot tell you how many people I have seen driving without even a $5 pair of Home Depot leather gloves. Sharp metal, broken glass, & fire are things that can be dealt with a little easier wearing gloves!

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Question Willow Safety?

What will the standard be for the October Willow Event?

Is this another clubs rules, or AROSC run?
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Cobra View Post
What will the standard be for the October Willow Event?

Is this another clubs rules, or AROSC run?
The october event is an AROSC event and all FireSafety will be at the track. We do require that all drivers have long pants/shirts/gloves when on the track. Not saying that a rollover will never happen, in which we hope it never does. It is more often than not that just grabbing that door, steering wheel or another part of the car on a hot day will severly burn your hands. A descent pair of gloves it not that expensive and if you look at it in a relative aspect, how much is a copay at your dr or emergency room for treating burns just from "cheaping out" and not getting a pair of gloves.

My motto is I would rather have it than not need it than need it and not have it!

See you at the track!

Dennis

Dennis Fibrow - A director of some sort, we just dont know of what.
1986 black #48 toyota Mr2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode