Buttonwillow June 15-16 Registration now open - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:51 PM

Great event...

Had a great day on Saturday till then end when the engine took a sh** during the enduro. I know that Don felt bad for everyone having to wait for the track to get cleaned up.

As always thanks to everyone putting on this event. I did think it was odd that a Explorer or some sort of SUV had to pull Don off the track. No safety/tow vehicles?

ANd if you wonder what happended to Don's car...here is a pic.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 11:00 PM

I had a great time too. Way too short due to family obligations. Started exploring the limits of the new car - still a long way to go. I wish i could've run the enduro. Next year !

Dan Walker, Stevenson Ranch CA
67 Duetto, 93 Spec Miata
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrinner View Post
I did think it was odd that a Explorer or some sort of SUV had to pull Don off the track. No safety/tow vehicles?
Very disturbing. I got an email from NCRC when I specifically asked about safety crews. I was told there would be a tow truck and paramedic. If those minimal items where not in place I would not be running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I can't be sure, but I thought they brought Don's car in on a flatbed.

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaysman View Post
I can't be sure, but I thought they brought Don's car in on a flatbed.
Nope...100% sure that it was some sort of private looking SUV...Ford Explorer (pulling Don's Exploder) into the garage. I know because they dropped the car in front of the garage and I watch Diana push it into the garage as we pit crewed for you and brad. They didn't even help push it in. Yes...very disturbing. I did see a yellow Nissan with a light bar out on the track earlier but it wasn't used to tow in Don's car.
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrinner View Post
Nope...100% sure that it was some sort of private looking SUV...Ford Explorer (pulling Don's Exploder) into the garage. I know because they dropped the car in front of the garage and I watch Diana push it into the garage as we pit crewed for you and brad. They didn't even help push it in. Yes...very disturbing. I did see a yellow Nissan with a light bar out on the track earlier but it wasn't used to tow in Don's car.

We were guests to the last two events and two very poor safety instances. Are we the only safe club that runs anymore. I saw people in t-shirts, no gloves this weekend. Much better than that of chuckwalla, tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Well, at least they had a bucket over their head!

Kudos to the Alfa Club for requiring all driver and ontrack safety and sticking to it.

Dennis Fibrow - A director of some sort, we just dont know of what.
1986 black #48 toyota Mr2
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 05:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to argtv7
Safety stuff

Yeah, I rode down from Northern CA with an NCRC guy. We talked about what to wear on the track, and he wanted to wear shorts. I looked up NCRC's requirements on my phone, and this is what it says:

"You must wear a shirt and long pants (cotton is best) on the track"

It kinda makes it sound like they have had a problem with women (or Dennis) not wearing shirts at all and causing dangerous distractions.

So, at bare minimum, I guess I coulda worn my 80s spandex hair-band pants and my Van Halen wife-beater. Barefoot, with no gloves. Tony Presto's wig would have made the package complete. ****, I could have been really cool.

I think I'll stick with my 3-layer Sparco.

Bradley Gray
1974 Spider

Last edited by argtv7; 06-19-2013 at 05:30 PM.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to argtv7
Personally, for me the question is; "How much safety gear is too much safety gear?"

I'll use everything I have, every time, regardless of whether it's race group, time trials or Intro Group.

I don't decide when the sh#t is going to hit the fan, God does. It's much more likely when the track is full of novices.

I spent over $1,500 on my gear. I don't want to be in a hospital wishing I was using it when I could have been.

The downside of not wearing everything you can is much worse than the upside of wearing it, even if it's hot or uncomfortable. Be it a long sleeved shirt and jeans, or full gear. Come to think of it, when I'm on the track, I don't ever remember being uncomfortable because I was wearing my stuff. Too busy.....

Bradley Gray
1974 Spider

Last edited by argtv7; 06-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

I watched some guy in a Honda S2000 drive into the hot pits, smoking like hell. The starter had a big fire extinguisher. The driver got out, in an expensive Momo suit and driving boots, but no gloves. He was having difficulty in opening the hood because it was hot. They finally got it opened, and drenched the engine, which had a fire on the exhaust side.

Terry Watson
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48yota View Post

Kudos to the Alfa Club for requiring all driver and ontrack safety and sticking to it.
Maybe Alfa Club needs to stick to it even more. I know Alfa was a guest but no tow truck??? Was the paramedic even there? I'm on track a lot. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I see lots of bad things happening on track. Granted I don't run with AlfaClub as much as I would like, personally, if the minimum equipment isn't in place I'll be going home.
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
Maybe Alfa Club needs to stick to it even more. I know Alfa was a guest but no tow truck??? Was the paramedic even there? I'm on track a lot. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I see lots of bad things happening on track. Granted I don't run with AlfaClub as much as I would like, personally, if the minimum equipment isn't in place I'll be going home.
I dont know if there was fire rescue or tow truck. I do know that there was an ambulance, WASCO. Now were they paramedics, I doubt it. Most the ambulance does is transport a patient.

Most all fire rescue are paramedics and they remove and stabalize a patient ready for transport.

We as alfa club always have fire rescue on site and they generally do the tows as well.

Recently at chuckwalla their tow truck was a chevy pickup with two younger guys driving it and really had no idea how to flat tow a car.

Dennis Fibrow - A director of some sort, we just dont know of what.
1986 black #48 toyota Mr2
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:14 PM

It was a bit disconcerting to be sitting in the hot pits during the black flag delay and hearing so many people asking if there was anyone who had a truck that could go out and tow Don in.

"Hadn't thought of that before now, eh? Hmm..."

And it hadn't really occurred to me until Dennis said something, but that was just an ambulance. I'm used to seeing paramedics/fire rescue with Alfa Club and Porsche.

"Hmm..." again...

Michael Mulligan
Mulligan Racing Development, 760-945-5991,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 03:50 PM

Results

The results have been posted.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugs914 View Post
It was a bit disconcerting to be sitting in the hot pits during the black flag delay and hearing so many people asking if there was anyone who had a truck that could go out and tow Don in.

"Hadn't thought of that before now, eh? Hmm..."
We were told repeatedly that if you ran out of gas on the track, it was going to be a $50 charge by NCRC to tow your car in. I assumed from those statements that there was a tow vehicle at the track.

Terry Watson
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaysman View Post
We were told repeatedly that if you ran out of gas on the track, it was going to be a $50 charge by NCRC to tow your car in. I assumed from those statements that there was a tow vehicle at the track.
Or, no wonder why their prices were so low.
Jorge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode