40th Anniv Race-Time Trial Sept 8-9 - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Sat night dinner RSVP required

A reminder.
If you plan to be at our dinner Saturday night you MUST RSVP. The menu is an Italian Bufett, includes desert. Cash bar is available.
We have almost 110 with RSVP as of Aug 30. So I need to hear from you by Tues Sept 4, otherwise you will have to eat at the Denny's across the street. I have to guarantee the reservations on Wednesday.
So email me: [email protected].
We will get your $25 at the track.

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project

Last edited by sidewaysalfa; 09-05-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: A BIG DINNER IS PLANNED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 PM

garage for share

I have secured the garage behind the tire shop. Will be happy to share the air, electricity, fan, cooler, shade, chairs, tools and the rent with another fellow racer, timetrialer. $50 per day

Jorge
95 Miata
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 PM

Just checking, but according to the flyer, the Saturday noon lunchtime drive is open to any/all Alfas, race-prepped or not? A street-equipped car can/will be able to do a lap? I will make best efforts not to burst into flames.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Yes, we want to fill the track with Alfas at lunch. Spiders are welcome. You MUST be at the track before 11am on Saturday for a manditory driver's meeting where we will take $10 from you and give you a short classroom session.
We will keep the speeds under control so that you folks can at least squeel the tires a little, practice your down shifts into turn 3, and get an idea of, or remember what it was like to drive Willow Springs Raceway.
It looks like a 6C3000 will also make the Lunch Time Drive.
We may have to cut the time a little short. Somebody with a T33 / 12 is planning to get his car to the track to do a few laps for us on Saturday.
This will give us the opportunity for a group Alfa photo after the drive. So clean your car, maybe apply some wax. We have a slot in the Alfa Owner club magazine and I want a great cover photo.
Also, if you are planning to come to our Saturday nite dinner I NEED YOUR RSVP. There are over 100 on "The List". Forget, and you eat at Denny's across the street. [email protected].
See a whole bunch of you at the track.

Paul Blankenship AROSC

Last edited by sidewaysalfa; 09-06-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: T33/12 will be there.
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Alfa Cup Race

As of Sept 4 we have 80 cars entered. 120 gave a RSVP for the Saturday dinner.
Alfa Romeos are coming out for our big celebration.
20 in the Time Trial groups that includes the winning Scuderia LeMoni Endurance Milano.

20 in Alfa Cup Race
1600 GTA 1965
GTAm 1969
GTV 1967
GT Jr 1968
GT 1965
Spider 1960
Duetto 1967
GTV 1966
GTV 1973
Giulia Spider 1965
Giulia Super 1968
Gulia 1964
GTV 1969
Giulia Super 1967
GTV 1967
Spider Veloce 1959
Giulia Polizia

Paul Blankenship AROSC

Last edited by sidewaysalfa; 09-04-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: More cars
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:08 AM

Just a reminder:

If you have an AMB transponder don't forget to put the number in your vehicle portion of the Motorsports reg website. I woke up this morning wondering why it didn't ask for the number on the event registration. I looked at my account and found the "edit vehicle " portion and did it there.

See you all next week !

Dan

Dan Walker, Stevenson Ranch CA
67 Duetto, 93 Spec Miata
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Last minute reminders

We will have an Alfa Paddock area from the Hartman Garages toward Turn 9. All Race and Time Trial Alfas will park here so that we all can be admired.
The cement pad between the garages and the Cafe is saved for the Alfa Corral. All you non competition Alfas can park here.
The Saturday nite dinner is at the Palmdale Hotel - 14 Fwy, west on Palmdale Blvd. Hotel is right there. We will meet at the hotel bar around 6pm. The Italian buffet dinner for 120 of us will start around 7pm. The hotel bar is available for beer and wine.
If you did not RSVP and get "on the list" we will have trouble getting you a seat. Talk to us at the track and hope for a cancellation.
See you all there.

Paul Blankenship AROSC
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Dear Paul,

We should we park the 'hysterically significant' cars?

bs
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Lmfao

Yes, that is a good idea.
Probably have to get security people to keep crowds away, Or will they be there to keep the tow truck away. I hear Pick Your Part will have a truck on call just in case. . .

Paul Blankenship AROSC
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysalfa View Post
Yes, that is a good idea.
Probably have to get security people to keep crowds away, Or will they be there to keep the tow truck away. I hear Pick Your Part will have a truck on call just in case. . .
Thanks for the heads up. I might have to reinstall the onboard weapons system (high pressure ketchup gun. I am not making this up..).

bs
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 02:42 PM

RSVP to AROSC 40th dinner

RSVP to AROSC 40th dinner, Palmdale -- Jake Grubb; [email protected]
post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM

ALFA 2L Race parts @ AROSC 40th, Saturday

ALFA 2L RACE PARTS FOR SALE: will be available at AROSC 40th Anniversary event at Willow Springs Raceway; at black GMC truck, located near the gas pumps, Saturday 9/8: One supreme new fully race-prepped 2L crankshaft (by Castillo, the best), nitrited, polished, balanced, oil journaled, etc. -- One set of original Sperry headers (mint condition) -- One set of Panasport 14x7 wheels (mint); GTV fiberglass door, hood, trunk lid, and bumper molds (for making lightweight fiberglass, Kevlar, or carbon fiber race versions of these) -- 2L virgin block, pan, front cover -- 2L cam cores (for making into race cams) -- one virgin 2L head -- plus other choice items. Email for prices, or see at the AROSC 40th Anniversary event. Everything on a first come, first served, best offer basis: [email protected]
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

This is SO COOL

Have you ever seen/heard an Alfa T33/12?
Do you want to?
Well then come on out to the AROSC 40th Anniversary Alfa Cup Race and Time Trial Brought to you by Lucas Oil on Saturday Sept 8.
At lunch time we will be treated to a few hot laps of this championship winning Alfa. Did I mention 12 cylinders?
After that Joe Diloreto will hang around for a little while as we drool over this automobile.
Thank you Joe for making this possible.

Lucas Oil is the official lubrication product sponsor for this event.
Attached Images

Paul Blankenship AROSC
post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfapwr View Post
Just a reminder:

If you have an AMB transponder don't forget to put the number in your vehicle portion of the Motorsports reg website. I woke up this morning wondering why it didn't ask for the number on the event registration. I looked at my account and found the "edit vehicle " portion and did it there.

See you all next week !

Dan
In addition to what paul is saying, while putting everyone in the timing system if you did not have a transponder or car class we did the best we could, as far as with classes we took a best guess. If your transponder was not origionally entered on your entry but you updated later there is a good chance that it did not make it into the timing system.

We will post a list of all entrants in the entered run group on the gift shop window starting friday night with your car and class info and if it is incorrect please change it on the sheet and it will get updated in the timing system.

If you have a transponder but did not put it in your entry we may have a good chance of identifying you anyway.

We are humans so I know that there will be errors so please forgive us now.

If you have timing questions or classification questions please take them to the tower and they will get them to timing.

All session times will be posted as a group as we WILL NOT be printing individual times for anyone. If you need them for some reason you can go to the tower to make arrangements to have them after the days events are over.

If you have any questions I will be at the track on Friday late afternoon and I generally park south of the garages in my motorhome. I have the #48 toyota MR2

Thanks and looking forward for a GREAT weekend
Dennis
post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to araknd Send a message via Skype™ to araknd
Some pics from the Saturday session at Willow Springs. In a word, it was HOT! Hot cars on the track and an intense bright sunny day at the racetrack. There was a lot to see in the paddock area. What a brilliant sound the Tipo 33/12 when coming down the front straight!

AROSC 40th [email protected] Springs

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Lance
[I]Alfa Romeo Sempre il Primo[/I]
[COLOR="Red"]1982 GTV6 Balocco (Margherita)
2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (Vitaley)
[/COLOR]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Black"]1982 GTV6 (gave his life for Margherita)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="black"]1977 Alfetta Sedan(sold and driven into the ground)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]1982 Spider Veloce (sold)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]1986 Spider Quadrifolio (sold)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]1991 164L (transferred to a good home)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode