Willow Springs Race/TT/HPDE Oct 1-2 - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM

Garage
Crew Chief needed.

I am very disappointed to miss another race weekend. For a few years I had gremlins that ruined my race weekends. Now that the car is sorted out, my work schedule prevents me from participating. I just don't have the time to get the car and the motorhome prepared for the events.

So. . . . If you know anyone who would like to become the crew chief for my fledgling race team for little or no pay, let me know. And by crew chief I mean the guy that has to do all of the work to get me and my equipment to the track while I do all of the racing and complaining when I dont win.

Seriously, if this is something that interests you, I am sure we can work out some form of compensation that works for both of us.

The car, trailer and motorhome are stored near the 605 and 210 freeways near Pasadena, CA. Most of my race weekends are at Buttonwillow or Willow Springs.

Jeff 1969 GTV 1750 Silver 1969 GTV 1750 Rosso Amarento 1964 Sprint GT Bianco 1967 Super Grigio Metalizzato

Last edited by Racer X; 02-15-2016 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Remove phone number
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Myth or Fact?

Bonus Points: How many red lights need to be run to get a passing grade?
I counted 16. How many Citroen 2CVs are there?

Now on to laps around La Périphérique at full speed...

post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 PM

That's nuts! 150 to 160 mph (240 to 260 kph) in traffic? That's beyond nuts, that's insane.

Racer Z ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Myth. Lelouch drove himself in a Mercedes 4 door 6.9 sedan.

67 GTV - old racer
97 Miata - new racer
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
I a

So. . . . If you know anyone who would like to become the crew chief for my fledgling race team for little or no pay, let me know.

You can call me at 626-641-8611
Jeff,

The guys at "7's Only" at BRP do a great job of storing cars and or storing and preping for race day. Storage was very reasonable and when I got multiple events in a month at BRP I just leave my car and trailer with them and life is so much easier. They can also arrange arrive and drive for you.
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Good weekend, if thinly attended. Gave us all a lot of track time. My Super is working pretty well, just in time to pull out its 2000 and install a 1600 so I'm CSRG legal.
Thanks to all who planned, participated, attended. I wish he had such a together Alfa group in NorCal.
Here are a few pics, including Santo's lineup, Jason Seal and me with our respective cars (we had an excellent dice in the first Sunday session, which was really fun), at atmospheric shot of a 69 GTV with the hills, and one of the Mustang that slow-rolled coming out of 9 during the race on Saturday. Happily the driver walked away. The car does not appear too damaged, kind of just bounced off the two edges of the roof, which is tweaked. Note that the roll cage did its job well; on the passenger side the roof is well embossed onto the cage tube.
Andrew
Attached Images

post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Glad you guys had a good time. We appreciate all who came out to support the club. It has been a tough year financially, and it is always nice to see the Alfa Mafia down at the Hartman garage supporting us! Maybe one of these days, we will get enough Alfas to run some Alfa Cup races again.

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:58 PM

A Big Thank You to all of the hard working folks who put on a great event for us this weekend. It was lots of fun and lots of great racing.
Attached Images

post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Platinum Subscriber

What is it going to take for more Alfa's to show up? I remember the days when there were a dozen GTV's in class D and E with a few more in C. Other than that, another good event put on by AROSC.

I wonder if anyone broke any records this time around? The track seemed slippery in the afternoon session before the timed runs started.
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

I don't know about any records, but Roy Tsugawa turned a 1:36+ in his Corvette, a personal best. Something like a second faster than previously?

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Oh Man! That wasn't Don's Mustang was it? Glad to hear driver is OK!

Congrasts to Roy T!
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 11:07 PM

Thanks.
It was 1:36.9 just before lunch on Sunday, but 1:38.7 during the timed run in the afternoon.
Too bad Greg H. in his GT3 doesn't have a transponder, because he was faster than me in every session.
Roy.

RKT ROY
Red 2018 Cadillac ATS-V (former Corvette C5 owner)
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Anthony, you mean like this? (Sept 1978 TT at Riverside, sigh.) Yes that is an Alfetta sedan being timetrialed.

Alas, there just aren't that many Alfas around. I would love to see more out and we had a pretty good showing of Alfas generally and sedans specifically at Buttonwillow in May. But I just wonder if there aren't that many cars around to show up. I beat the bushes up here, but ARA country is kinda lame for track folks, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.
Andrew
Attached Images

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italcarguy View Post
The track seemed slippery in the afternoon session before the timed runs started.
The track has been resurfaced with some kind of slurry coat stuff. Off-line in some corners was indeed a bit slippery but the surface seemed a bit slow everywhere. People who can run consistent laps were doing roughly a second slower than usual all weekend.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Anyone know when we can expect the results on the club site? Thanks
Andrew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode