What is it with these LA cops?? - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 10:32 PM

Oops. Sorry Joe, I mis understood what I thought I meant that I read.

Anyway, sorry, I misunderstood.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

no problem, of course, ol bud. these things are never crystal clear. you were only trying to offer advice. and right now, I need that.

87 spider veloce
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Well, people, I figured I had to come back here at least, for anything else, to let yous know what the City of Hollywood said regarding the letter I sent to them on the parking ticket, geez, you know, the ticket some members said it would be futile to contest (understandably so, though)- THEY DISMISSED THE TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!

TOO MUCH!!!!!! Now, this not just serves to exonerate Jr from the bogus ticket given to him by an INCOMPETENT officer, but for future Alfa BB'ers who may have a similar experience. YOU CAN FIGHT CITY HALL!!! AND WIN!!!

Oh, it is only right and necessary to give credit to where it is deserved- to our fellow member Shadowburn. Yep, he was responsible for dedicating so much time into this to help me and Jr, I am , well, hard to describe our gratitude. He is the hero of the day, period. Capital "H", Capital "E", Capital "R", Capital "O', HERO. That is whats so great about this BB forum. Shadow, big Thanks, Man.

Sr

87 spider veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 07:35 AM

Congratulations and good job!

Greg
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 08:14 AM

What Is It with these LA Cops??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Papa Sr View Post
Well, people, I figured I had to come back here at least, for anything else, to let yous know what the City of Hollywood said regarding the letter I sent to them on the parking ticket, geez, you know, the ticket some members said it would be futile to contest (understandably so, though)- THEY DISMISSED THE TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!

TOO MUCH!!!!!! Now, this not just serves to exonerate Jr from the bogus ticket given to him by an INCOMPETENT officer, but for future Alfa BB'ers who may have a similar experience. YOU CAN FIGHT CITY HALL!!! AND WIN!!!

Oh, it is only right and necessary to give credit to where it is deserved- to our fellow member Shadowburn. Yep, he was responsible for dedicating so much time into this to help me and Jr, I am , well, hard to describe our gratitude. He is the hero of the day, period. Capital "H", Capital "E", Capital "R", Capital "O', HERO. That is whats so great about this BB forum. Shadow, big Thanks, Man.

Sr
Congratulations, consider yourself and your son, one of the fortunate ones; and the timing of current circumstances in LA may have helped you. I don't know that you would have prevailed in Orange County or other California locations.

Keep in mind that LA police do not have a good reputation as far as "shoot and ask questions later," the current problems and dispute over the "red light" cameras, discontinuing them or keeping them based on the waste of money in relationship to the uncollected fees, the Gold Card ticket scandal, where employees and friends tickets were being dismissed without any investigation, the illegal towing and booting of legally parked cars, and the continuing LA Dodgers fiasco with the Brian Stow beating and that fall-out. If you want to go back even further, the perjury by the LAPD detective, Mark Fuhrman, in the OJ trial. Coincidentally, I knew Mark -- he dated a girl that I worked with and he was a take charge kind of guy, who protected her during a difficult divorce and custody battle.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 07-02-2011 at 08:23 AM.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Papa Sr View Post
...big Thanks, Man...
You're welcome. Congratulation, very cool!

Lol, if you really think about it, Jr. could actually say, "I fought the law and the law won!"

'87 Series 3
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowburn View Post
You're welcome. Congratulation, very cool!

Lol, if you really think about it, Jr. could actually say, "I fought the law and the law won!"
ironic, but yes, true. Hey, good for the law! (and Jr)

87 spider veloce
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Greg. And thanks, Cheryl, for the perspective. Yes, I agree, we were persistent, but lucky too. Wonder how many other scenarios similar go as "just pay the fee".

87 spider veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode