AROSC DE, TT & Race, May 14-15, 2011, Buttonwillow - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Great time all around. I'll post a few pics later. This club and its members are the greatest.
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to manuelalfaholic
Fantastic

I want to personally thank everyone at AROSC and Santo's Italian Car Service for a super duper weekend ! Anybody who hasn't run a track event with all of us is missing out on a unique experience. Cheers & all the best ! Manuel
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:32 AM

Yes...another great AROSC weekend. Thank you everyone who put on the event.

Also, congratulations to my brother Fabrizio who drove the wheels off his Giulia Super and beat me for the first time in the 10 years we've been racing against eachother. A long ovderdue win.

Last edited by italcarguy; 05-17-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

For anyone who didn't make it, Buttonwillow conditions were great! Not hot, track was great, lots of outstanding TT and race action. The Enduro went off without a hitch, and we had some very close results.

Thanks to all you participants! We set the event up, but you guys make it fun & exciting!

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelalfaholic View Post
I want to personally thank everyone at AROSC and Santo's Italian Car Service for a super duper weekend ! Anybody who hasn't run a track event with all of us is missing out on a unique experience. Cheers & all the best ! Manuel
Hey Manuel:

Lots of fun following you around the track for a few laps. I was sure that car was going to spin or do something "interesting", but you kept it all together. Great fun!

Terry Watson
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 09:39 AM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to manuelalfaholic
Same here Terry , had just as much fun with you and Beverly Major in that session.Can't wait for the next event. Manuel.
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Thanks to the AROSC volunteers for putting on a great event. I like the new initiatives such as the motorsportsreg registration, and thanks to Terry for re-opening it in late hours so that I could register!

My biggest disappointment was that Colin and I had to DNS the enduro and could not be part of that fun. Oh well, next year.

Jes

87 Milano Verde - daily driver -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SOLD
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car - Running again after 3 year hibernation...
(Repeating what I suggest or do, is at your own risk - be critical)
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I have a bunch more paddock pics, but this is representative. Four Giulia Supers (me, Jeff T, Manuel M, Fabrizio R), one Berlina (Manuel), plus not to slight an unrestored EP Giulietta Spider, and a TZ, all hanging out together. Also Larry Jr's GTA clone w/ V6 power, a really fast cool car. Just a great weekend all around.
Andrew
Attached Images

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM

It was a great weekend! Good job (as usual) Team AROSC! I had problems with my rear race tires as I kept on pulling Tokyo drifts at some of the turns (or it could be the Asian inside of me ) ). I was faster on my street tires ;o( .

I had Potenziato in my car in the first session and we were having loads of fun. At the sweeper, I was pushing to chase Jess Liao in his F430 (haha, well I tried), we were going into it a bit too hot and went sideways quite a bit. He had his hands out, I guess gesturing "whoa there!" . LOL!

Great weather and people, can't really ask for more. See you all in Laguna!

1987 Milano Gold 3.2 24V + JK Cams

Last edited by 75evo; 05-16-2011 at 01:05 PM.
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

It was great to see the big turnout of Alfas. I was pretty busy with all the behind the scenes stuff and racing, so I didn't get much chance to se all the TT stuff. Sounds like Open passing group was pretty lively. Sounds like you guys are liking the new run group set up?

Terry Watson
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM

Terry, et al,

thanks for all you do to throw this party, and thanks for letting a couple of Porsche guys come out and play! It was a fantastic weekend. Great weather, great racing and even better people.

Can't wait for the next one!

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Mulligan
Mulligan Racing Development, 760-945-5991,
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75evo View Post
I had problems with my rear race tires as I kept on pulling Tokyo drifts at some of the turns (or it could be the Asian inside of me ) ). ... we were going into it a bit too hot and went sideways quite a bit. He had his hands out, I guess gesturing "whoa there!" . LOL!
One of the funner sessions was when we were nose to tail and you let me by after Lost Hill and we both entered the back sweeper a mite too fast.

I found myself giving the car lots of opposite lock to keep it going in the right direction, and I thought, "where's 75Evo?" I briefly looked up into my rearview mirror and he was sideways as well, applying lots of opposite lock in order to make it into the entry of the esses!!

I'm no drifter (by Grant's standards) but I admit that was pretty cool
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 PM

i must agree with others. I was only there saturday but it was a great day! AlfaClub is always fun to race with.
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Well done AROSC! Great track, diverse group of cars, excellent drivers, lots of track time, and amazing weather… can’t ask for more.

Kudos to Terry and those involved for a job well done. Changes to the registration process, run groups, self-tech procedure, safety rules, and others all worked out well.

Colin.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to jess
AROSC's track events has always been the best, great instructors and well organized. AROSC events get the best people some how

I also witnessed some of 75evo's sideway actions 75evo you gotta stop running different F/R tires!

Jess Liao
88 Milano Verde Gone | 95 164LS Gone | Currently Alfaless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode