AROSC DE, TT & Race, Jan 22 & 23, 2011, Big Willow - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

AROSC DE, TT & Race, Jan 22 & 23, 2011, Big Willow

I just posted the signup info for the next AROSC track event.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 PM

New run groups

We are going to modify our run groups, similar to what NCRC does. We will have:
Solo/DE - For relatively new drivers, passing with point-by only in certain straight sections of track. Stock seat belts OK.
Point-by - For drivers with more experience, passing anywhere on the track with a point-by. Stock seat belts OK for 2000 & newer cars unless engine mods or race tires.
Open Passing - For very experienced drivers & faster cars, passing anywhere on the track with no point-by required. 5 or 6 point harnesses.
Race Group - Wheel to wheel racing, typical racing equipment required.

We will also have the lunchtime Intro group, the cheapest way you will get your car on a race track.

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 PM

The event flyer, with links to the entry form and self-tech sheet is at:

http://www.aroschpd.org/events/2011/jan2011_sum.pdf

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 AM

Looks like Pete and I will be driving our Dad's GTV (red 84) this event. Dad (Art) hurt his hand and needs to sit this event out and offered us his car since ours is in pieces still (120 pounds lighter).

It's looking like warm weather at the track, which will be nice this time of the year.

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 PM

Hopefully this great weather we're having holds out for another week!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 AM

The weather should be perfect at the track this weekend Doug and his 17 will there as will my brother and I sharing Art's (Dad) 84 car.

2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 01:15 PM

That was a fun weekend. The weather was perfect. Most of the day we all wore T-shirts. The early mornings and late evenings were a bit nippy, but nice. Two years ago at this time it never got above freezing.

Doug's GTV (17) ran well and finished the weekend without issues. A refreshing change.

Art's GTV (84) had some minor issues. On Saturday morning we had some issues with the ignition timing that eventually got sorted out and we had a well behaved race car after that. Me and Pete shared the car and were both getting similar times in the 1:47 range. On Sunday's timed event I spun-out in turn one bending a tie-rod end that ended our weekend. Unfortunately this prevented Pete from getting a timed lap.

The shift in upper management was, as always, apprehensive. Terry, Mike and Paul (is that everybody?) proved themselves worthy of the task and we had a smooth, well run event. The most notable executive decision was the attention to the clock. We started the day earlier and ended it later, getting us all more track time for the same amount of entry fee. YEAH!

After the scheduled events were over, there was about 30 minutes of track time left. I'm not sure what type of "track" it was. It may have been open passing or point-by, but was available to all cars and drivers. Unfortunately only a few cars took advantage of the opportunity. I'm sure that once it becomes public knowledge more will take advantage of this added bonus.

I was in the new "open passing" run group. Although I have a fair amount of track time, I had never driven in an open passing environment and was apprehensive. Checking the mirrors more often was easy enough as was giving the faster cars room to pass. Most of the drivers were faster than me, but I did find a few cars to pass and found it easy to wait for a clean and safe pass.

I think I can speak for everybody when I say that we had a good time and we missed those that did not show up. I hope to see you all at the next event, Buttonwillow, May 14-15, 2011

2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 PM

As usual, great event. Those who didn't attend because they weren't sure about the weather in January really missed out. It was one of the nicest weekends I've ever experienced at Willow Springs! Good job to the new people who are running the events now too!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM

Did anyone get pictures? I noticed there was no track photographer last weekend.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 PM

When will results be posted on MyLaps and on the AROSC site?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 07:44 AM

Results are posted on Mylaps

They are posted on mylaps.com. Your best lap in each session is shown.
You can see all of your lap times if you register on Mylaps.

The link: MYLAPS Results

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project

Last edited by sidewaysalfa; 02-03-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode