Inland Empire ALFA meet at the RIR Museum - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Inland Empire ALFA meet at the RIR Museum

Some of us Inland Empire ALFA guys have been feeling a bit lonely living out here on the edge of ALFA civilazation, so we have decided to meet up for some breakfast and then tour the Riverside International Raceway Museum.
And then hang around and talk cars and check out our ALFA's. Of coarse everyone is welcome, so here is the plan.

Admission to the museum is free unless you would like to make a donation.

Saturday, Jan. 8th 2011

10AM - Meet at Dennys for breakfast and then head over to the Museum.

Dennys address: 1245 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92501

11AM - Meet at the RIR Museum and do the tour and then hang out and talk cars.

Museum address - 815 Marlborough #200, Riverside, CA, 92507
Last driveway on the left where Marlborough ends.

RiversideInternational.org
Attached Images

Greg
1967 Duetto

Last edited by Gregs Garage; 12-16-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 PM

Garage
Sounds great...I'll try to make it. I was feeling lonely myself out here in Claremont at the western edge of IE.

BTW, it would also be good to know if there are any mechanics in the IE...I just found this place that came highly recommended for Fiat and Alfa work: Allison's Automotive | Fiat Spider Parts Taking my spider there on Monday for some alternator work....but, maybe this is the subject of another thread...don't mean to hijack.

Hector
'91 Spider Veloce
'85 GTV6
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hi Hector, it would be cool if you could make it. You were the guy that got the Glendora drive thing going by posting your pics. The drive was great, it was unfortunate that you were not able to make it. The Allison Automotive link looked pretty good. Seems like they would know there way around Italian cars. It would be good to know if you are happy with their work. Hope to see you on the 8th.

Greg
1967 Duetto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:56 PM

Garage
Hi Greg, yep that was me that inspired it, but Paul really got it going. Unfortunately my friend passed away last December and I went to his funeral instead.

I just noticed that I'm booked the weekend of 1/8...man, I can't believe it. Hopefully, I'll be able to join you guys sometime soon.

Hector
'91 Spider Veloce
'85 GTV6
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 PM

Garage
Well, it looks like I have something already going on the weekend of 1/8...very bummed about not meeting you guys again. Hopefully, we can meet some other time.

Regarding Allison's Automotive...had a great experience. Mark was very knowledgeable and took care of my alternator and a few other problems for a very reasonable price. I will be going back (but hopefully not too soon)!

Hector
'91 Spider Veloce
'85 GTV6
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I'll be there, rusty, rough runnin' Spider and all.

Denny's breakfast is a great start, with a group of Italian car people driving together to the Museum. I've never seen that museum and look forward to it!

Even if it's just me out there... I'm doin' it.

1981 Alfa Romeo Spider 2000 USA
1968 Ford Fairlane
2014 Ford Flex

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Just bumping this to the top as a reminder of the RIR tour this Saturday. Hope to see you all there!

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 AM

Smile

It's on the calender. I'll be there on time , but unfortunately my spider won't be able to make it for about a year.

Best regards,
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs Garage View Post
Just bumping this to the top as a reminder of the RIR tour this Saturday. Hope to see you all there!
Hey guys. Sorry to say, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Work has been real slow and by God's grace I have to work tomorrow. Can't pass it up. Have a great time and maybe snap some pics....

Marcos
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hi Marcos, sorry to hear that you can't make it. Works been slow for me to, so I would do the same thing. I see by all your recent posts that you are getting things done on your Duetto, so maybe the next time we plan something we will be two roundtails there!

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 AM

Photo evidence required

Remember, no photos = the event never happened.
Enjoy the great weather.

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Did you guys meet?
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Yep, they did it.
See the other thread:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car-...so-cal-ie.html

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hi Marcos,

As Paul said, we did meet up. Spider Webb posted some pics in the "Events" section. We had a good time checking out the cars and getting to know each other a bit. My cousin Mike had never been to the museum, so he rode over with me, Spider webb brought out his spider, and Monsai came up from your neck of the woods. He's got some pretty serious metal work he's doing on his spider. We talked about doing something else in the future. There are some vintage sports car races coming up at Auto Club speedway in Fontana in April and then again in June. They are always cool, and not to pricey. Or there is always Cars and Coffee in Irvine every Sat morning. Lots of cool cars there! We'll figure something out. Glad to hear you got your engine running, no more gas leaking from the carbs? Have you been able to take it around the block yet, or is there more to do before you get to that point? Your engine looks great in your pics, I want to check it out when you get it on the road!

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs Garage View Post
Hi Marcos,

As Paul said, we did meet up. Spider Webb posted some pics in the "Events" section. We had a good time checking out the cars and getting to know each other a bit. My cousin Mike had never been to the museum, so he rode over with me, Spider webb brought out his spider, and Monsai came up from your neck of the woods. He's got some pretty serious metal work he's doing on his spider. We talked about doing something else in the future. There are some vintage sports car races coming up at Auto Club speedway in Fontana in April and then again in June. They are always cool, and not to pricey. Or there is always Cars and Coffee in Irvine every Sat morning. Lots of cool cars there! We'll figure something out. Glad to hear you got your engine running, no more gas leaking from the carbs? Have you been able to take it around the block yet, or is there more to do before you get to that point? Your engine looks great in your pics, I want to check it out when you get it on the road!
Carbs are doing well, thank you for asking. I saw a pic of your Duetto, **** bro that thing looks like a nice one. I would love to take some pics of your Duetto. It would help me put mine back together. I ordered a shop manuel from Centerline and they are on back order!! you wouldn't happen to have one I can borrow?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode