Inland Empire ALFA meet at the RIR Museum - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

I just went and dug around in the garage and I actually have a copy of the same manual that is on Centerlines site. The Brooklands one with the blue and yellow cover. I have a hardbound Autobooks manual that I have used for years and I picked the Brooklands one up 6 or 8 years ago and didn't realize until I got home that is a reprint of the Autobooks manual. I stuck it up on the shelf and forgot about it until you asked. So if you want it, it's yours. I don't think I paid half of what they list it for now. I wouldn't mind you taking some pics at all. I used to do the same thing at the car shows and now I make sure to take pics before I take anything apart. We'll have to meet up sometime or PM me your address if you want and I can mail it. I'm guessing you need it sooner rather than later.

Greg
1967 Duetto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs Garage View Post
I just went and dug around in the garage and I actually have a copy of the same manual that is on Centerlines site. The Brooklands one with the blue and yellow cover. I have a hardbound Autobooks manual that I have used for years and I picked the Brooklands one up 6 or 8 years ago and didn't realize until I got home that is a reprint of the Autobooks manual. I stuck it up on the shelf and forgot about it until you asked. So if you want it, it's yours. I don't think I paid half of what they list it for now. I wouldn't mind you taking some pics at all. I used to do the same thing at the car shows and now I make sure to take pics before I take anything apart. We'll have to meet up sometime or PM me your address if you want and I can mail it. I'm guessing you need it sooner rather than later.
Your very kind to offer the book. I will take it and consider it a early birthday present (Jan 22). Pm sent to meet up with camera in hand....
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 10:17 PM

after getting the whole thing going i couldnt make it. but we are all moved into a new house and got the gtv running . just waiting on some plates from the dmv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 PM

post some pics of the GTV. There is a pretty big car show here in Temecula this Friday and Sat. It's called the Temecula Rod run, TONS of pre 74 cars. You should check it out.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hey 69ALFAGTV, I was wondering what happened to you. I was just hoping the local floods had not got to your place. I know that basin was a mess. Are you still in the local area? We really do need to meet up just to check out the cars at least.

Hi Cali, I have been to tht show a few times, but has been at least 8 or 9 years now. Lots of pretty high end hot rods and always a big turnout. Sounds like your making a lot of progress on the Duetto.

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 AM

we lived at the top of the hill where the floods started. the development designed some catchbasins that once filled up sent mud to the flatlanders.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs Garage View Post
Hey 69ALFAGTV, I was wondering what happened to you. I was just hoping the local floods had not got to your place. I know that basin was a mess. Are you still in the local area? We really do need to meet up just to check out the cars at least.

Hi Cali, I have been to tht show a few times, but has been at least 8 or 9 years now. Lots of pretty high end hot rods and always a big turnout. Sounds like your making a lot of progress on the Duetto.
Hey Greg,

Duetto is comming along very well. I might make the drive to the desert. How about you.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 04:05 PM

waiting on registration. no plates. might be interested in ride thought.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hey Marcos, no I'm not going to make the driving tour, busy that weekend. There are some nice roads out that way though. It would be a good test for your car!

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

69ALFA, hey it does'nt take much to get me to take the car out for a spin! I don't have anything major going on this weekend. PM me if you want to get together, or I think I sent you my cell # awhile back.

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hey, are any of the Inland Empire guys going to make it to ALFA day at Cars and Coffee in Irvine this Sat. ?? Does'nt have to be a show car, the more ALFA's the better. Good motivation if yours is not on the road yet... There is a thread with info in this SOCAL section.

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hey, are any of the Inland Empire guys planning on going to the Best of France and Italy show on Nov 6th.? The Best of France and Italy - SUNDAY, November 6, 2011 $20.00 to park your car on the lawn with the other 160 plus ALFA's. 50 year anniversary of the AROSC this year. This is a great show and there are plenty of pics here on the BB if you do a search. Does'nt have to be a show car. Even if your car is not running it's worth it to check out the ALFA's. Never mind all the Ferrari's, Bugatti's Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Lancia's, etc, etc.

Greg
1967 Duetto
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM

Bring more than 1 Alfa

Thanks for the plug Greg.
I always bring both Alfas to this deal.
And I don't want to hear from you "oh my car is not nice enough" Alfisti. That's just an excuse because you are too lazy to make sure it is running that day, and you are probably too lazy to wash it!!!
To make it easier on those of you who don;t have concourse cars I park both of mine right in the midst just to make your marginal Alfa looks that much better.
See you there.
Look me up and I will teach you how to remove a flaking clear cote and re-cote it using only razor blades, sand paper and about $20 of clear cote.

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Hi Paul, I figured that you would start a proper France and Italy thread when it gets a little closer to the show, but I just wanted to see if I could stir up the IE guys with a reminder. If I had two ALFAs I would bring them. I guess I don't fit the ALFA stereotype as this is the only ALFA I have owned! I will see you there.

Greg
1967 Duetto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode