AROSC will be running a track event
at Buttonwillow on June 4 & 6, 2010. Because we are running with NCRC, there will be some significant difference in the way things will be done. Here's a partial list:
1. There will be a 2 HOUR ENDURO
on Saturday. It will take place at the end of the day after the normal run group sessions are complete. We will need 15 entries in order to run this event but the price per vehicle is very reasonable. Enduro and Race Groups will have combined practice sessions on Saturday.
2. Run groups will be differ from our norm. They will be:
a) Driving School
(abbreviated 1 day school, SAT only, not like a normal AROSC School). This is mandatory for people with no track experience. People running for a 2nd day can sign up for Solo.
b) Solo/TT Group
for people with 1 to 7 days experience. Passing will be allowed only on specified straights and only with a point-by.
c) Point By/TT
for people with 8 to 20 days of track experience. Passing will be allowed anywhere on the track but only with a point-by.
d) Open Passing/TT
for people with >20 days track experience or with racing experience. Passing will be allowed anywhere but this is not a race so common courtesy is expected.
, this will be that same as our normal Race Group.
, SAT only, for people who can run in Race Group.
3. Cars in groups labeled "TT" will be timed if they have transponders and we have the transponder numbers.
4. Factory 3-point seat belts will be acceptable for all but Race and Enduro
for cars newer than 1999 which are running in stock form and using street tires. "Stock" means no engine mods between the throttle body inlet and the exhaust manifold. Suspension mods are OK but tires must have a ware index of 200 or higher.
5. We will be instituting a "self-tech" format in place of our usual tech inspection. Details on this will be posted by May 1.
Because we are running with NCRC, there are limited spaces available.