Alfa service in Orange County/Long Beach - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Alfa service in Orange County/Long Beach

Am looking for reliable and knowledgeable shop in O.C. West to Long Beach or Lakewood areas. Currently electrical problems, not starting, no power to starter, etc.Alfa Only in Glendale is my fall back, hard for me to get to.
anyone have work done Alfa West on Long Beach Blvd? Can't ever get anyone there, phone or in person, no call backs, seems unreliable already.

Appreciate recommendations, thanks, David R. ph. 714-964-2808 eve/ wknd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Alfa Service in Orange County/Long Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rosso View Post
Am looking for reliable and knowledgeable shop in O.C. West to Long Beach or Lakewood areas. Currently electrical problems, not starting, no power to starter, etc.Alfa Only in Glendale is my fall back, hard for me to get to.
anyone have work done Alfa West on Long Beach Blvd? Can't ever get anyone there, phone or in person, no call backs, seems unreliable already.

David,

We have used Alfa West on Long Beach Boulevard; having said that it was in the 80s and was run by an oldish Italian guy. I kind of remember, it being mentioned that the business had been sold. If that is true, I can't comment or recommend or not recommend on the new business owner if it has changed hands. We were happy with both the work and the price; however, Pat was very specific about what he wanted done and he already knew what was wrong. The owner understood that and also that Pat would know if he tried to pad the repair bill or claimed to do work that he hadn't performed.

The other place in Long Beach that comes to mind is on Atlantic Avenue on the east side of the street, below Alfa West and above PCH. It looks like a hole in the wall; but, I've seen Fiats, MBs etc. in there. I have no recommendation on their work, but a place you might check out. I don't know the name of the place, only that I pass it before I turn left on PCH.

We've also used Takas in Orange County; he services MB, BMW, Alfa, and Porsche as I recall. He's located at South Raymond Avenue on Batavia, I think, south of the 91 freeway, exit Raymond, right turn on Batavia, if that's the correct street name, about 100 yards after you turn. He was very reasonable and did work that Pat either didn't have time to do or was willing to pay for. We used him within the last 6-8 years.

The other place we used was, I believe, located at Beach Boulevard and Lambert. I don't know if they're still in business. May have been called Alfa Tech, they serviced Alfa, Maserati, and Lancia.

There is also Alfa Performance Connection run by Stu Sandeman down in the Irvine/Laguna Nigel area. I can't remember what street you exit at.

We also always asked for the replaced parts to eliminate any urge of attempting to get away with anything or of being taken advantage of.

HTH.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 06-07-2009 at 09:59 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Alfa Service

Alfa tech in La Habra is gone. APC, Alfa performance connection is on Batavia Street in the city of Orange. 714-279-0500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one alfa short View Post
Alfa tech in La Habra is gone. APC, Alfa performance connection is on Batavia Street in the city of Orange. 714-279-0500.
Takas and APC are two separate and very different entities, so if APC is now on Batavia, that is not the right street for Takas, and I don't know the name of the shop.

I know that you exit the 91 Freeway heading eastbound, at Raymond going southbound, the street name changes to East Street, you pass Josten's high school jewelry on the west side of the street, if they're still there, and at the next corner, that I don't know the name of the street, you turn right, the entrance is about 100' after you turn right on the north side of the street. The south side of the street is all fenced off.

There are several other places in Orange County, but I wouldn't recommend them based on the lack of service that we received -- they were used because of convenience and immediate need.

There's also this listing available on the Internet, but all in Los Angeles County:

Link: Ferrari | Lamborghini | Maserati | Alfa Romeo | Auto Repair | Service | Los Angeles Ca

You should recognize Santos on the list as well as Alfa West and several others.

Cheryl

Last edited by Pat Braden; 06-07-2009 at 10:01 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Much appreciated to Cheryl, I'll give a call, take a look. David
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Much appreciated to Cheryl, I'll give a call, take a look. David
David,

You're welcome...

I was in Long Beach today to the doctor. The place on the east side of Atlantic, is called Independent BMW, Mercedes, Fiat, etc. It is a couple of shops south of Wardlow Top Shop, which has been in business as long as I can remember; both of the shops are just above Willow on Atlantic Avenue, there is a Yoshinoya on the southwest corner of Willow/Atlantic.

Cheryl
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Alfa Service in Westminster

Gregg's Service on 14116 Willow Ln, Westminster. 714-892-8900

works on my '91 Veloce. I trust his work.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 PM

Grazie Alfa West!!

Special thanks to Alfa West in Long Beach for getting my Giulia ready in time for the trip over to the Monterey Historics. The car ran flawlessly which enabled me to catch this beast storm through the field from last to 7th:
Attached Images

'67 Giulia Super
'08 Ducati 1098S
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Alfa West is run by a father and son team that have done some work for me. They are still in business and were very helpful.

67 GTV - old racer
97 Miata - new racer
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 AM

Alfa West

Quote:

Unfortunately, Marco, the co-owner with his father of Alfa West, died suddenly last May from a heart problem. His father, Maurizio, who used to travel for Alfa training mechanics, is 85 and can't keep up with the work. He has recommended Bob at the shop next door, Orozco Auto Service, also 3033 Long Beach Blvd, LB 90807, (562) 426-6322. Maurizio said if there were any problem, he could help them and he has any parts or tools they need. I hadn't had my Alfa in for a while and just found this out January 2014 and am shocked since I knew Marco well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode