Streets of Willow May 29th - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Streets of Willow May 29th

I thought I would pass this along in case anyone is interested in a some track time.

Registration is now open.

Organization: SOCALhpde
Date: Friday, May 29, 2009
Price: $120
Track: Streets of Willow Springs (Rosamond, CA)
Configuration: Full Course with Bowl and Blowpass CW
Timing: Not Available

EVENT INFORMATION
Willow Springs Motorsports Park is located at 3500 75th Street West in Rosamond, CA. Take the Rosamond Blvd exit off the 14 freeway and proceed west for six miles until you reach the track entrance. Please enter through the second (main) gate you reach coming from the 14 freeway. Please note that there is a $10/person gate fee charged by the track for all entrants (including spectators).

Please SHOW UP AT THE TRACK by 7:00am. Check-in will begin at 7:00am and end at 7:45am. Our drivers meeting begins at 7:45am. This meeting is MANDATORY for all drivers unless you have received prior clearance to miss it.

LUNCH and BOTTLED WATER is included for all drivers for this event!

All beginner drivers will have to attend the class sessions for the first half of the day in between their track sessions. Instructors will be available all day for those that require them.

Passing in the intermediate and beginner group will be in the designated areas only with a point-by. Advance group is open passing anywhere on track (point-by is recommended but not required).

CAR NUMBERS: You must have car numbers, at least 8" tall, located on both sides and either the front or back of your vehicle. This is mandatory for all drivers. You can make up a 3-digit number. If you do not have numbers or tape, we will have tape available at the track which you can use. You can just use tape to make the numbers. We will have plenty of tape at the track.

TOW HOOKS are mandatory. It is your responsibility to make sure you have a tow hook or some tow point on the Front OR Back of your car that we can use to tow you off track. We are not responsible to damage done when attempting to pull you off track.

The TECH FORM is a required at the event. It can be filled out and signed by you, your mechanic, or whoever is responsible for ensuring that your car is safe. Please print out the Tech form, complete it, and bring it to the track.

Click here to Download TechForm

http://www.silversprint.com/Techform.pdf

Here is the link to register.

MotorsportReg.com : Event Details

Advance drivers who are available to instruct please PM for discount before registering.

This is the cheapest price you will find for a track day at Street of Willow. Please register early because it will sell out.

Refunds. NO REFUNDS AFTER 10 DAYS BEFORE START OF EVENT, MAY 19TH,2009. Before May 19th 95% of fee can be refunded. Credit will be given for our next event.

We do not offer timing but you are welcome to use your own.

MR2 Spyder l Miata

Last edited by Silversprint; 04-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM

I noticed that the registration list shows mostly MR2s. I assume all makes are welcome provided the car passes tech?

RKT ROY
Red 2018 Cadillac ATS-V (former Corvette C5 owner)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT ROY View Post
I noticed that the registration list shows mostly MR2s. I assume all makes are welcome provided the car passes tech?
Yes, absolutely. Any make model is welcome.

These events are pretty low key. We don't have timing. Everyone is welcome and the emphasize is on driver education and having fun more than lap times. The instructors are great. Few drivers have as many laps at that track than some of the instructors.

Plus you get free lunch

It would be great to see you out there.

The number of max cars per groups is 15 so there will be plenty of open track.

MR2 Spyder l Miata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 AM

I have a friend with a new Miata with the folding hard top that is interested in going to the track for the first time. Do you know if cars with folding hard tops still need roll bars?

RKT ROY
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT ROY View Post
I have a friend with a new Miata with the folding hard top that is interested in going to the track for the first time. Do you know if cars with folding hard tops still need roll bars?
I think the new miatas have the two roll hoops behind he seats. If his car has those we will allow him to run. He should also keep the top up for additional protection.

I think the roll hoop are OEM. This is what I found.

MR2 Spyder l Miata
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Roy. I see you registered. Should be a great event.

I'm going to get a performancebox hopefully before this event. Maybe we be we can spend some time on the data. I won't really know how to use it.

Weather looks like it will be great.

We have room in some of the groups and everyone is welcome.

See you at the track.

MR2 Spyder l Miata

Last edited by Silversprint; 05-18-2009 at 10:42 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
Roy. I see you registered. Should be a great event.

I'm going to get a performancebox hopefully before this event. Maybe we be we can spend some time on the data. I won't really know how to use it.

Weather looks like it will be great.

We have room in some of the groups and everyone is welcome.

See you at the track.
Great,
I'll be happy to share with you on how to use the Drift/PerformanceBox software. I've never had a chance to make a track map for SOW. As one of the organizers, maybe you can make one. To make one, you let the PerformanceBox record data while driving on the far left and then the far right side of the track (slowly). Then when you display your lapping lines, you can see where your apexes and exits are and also how much of the track you're really using. I have made maps of Big Willow, Buttonwillow, and Spring Mountain that I can share with you.

I'll also show you my newest driver's training toy:
Fastline TrackPro Audible G-Force Meter -

Click on Testimonials to see a video I made with the TrackPro on. You want to hear symmetric ramp up and ramp down of G's and if you hear numbers less than 1, it means that I didn't go through the corner as fast as I could have. In the video, you can see a Corvette ZR1 with 636HP blow past me and then drive off the track in Turn 1.

Here's another video, this one from SOW (CW, no fishbowl). The Red Mustang is apparently a Super Snake. He has something like 540HP and was fast, but overcooked the chicane...
Willow Springs May 2nd & 3rd L.A. Shelby Club Event

See you there!
Take care.
Roy.

RKT ROY

Last edited by RKT ROY; 05-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Roy if you get there early. You can go out on the track before the drivers meeting and get a track map.

MR2 Spyder l Miata

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode