AROSC Time Trial, Apr 18 & 19, 2009 - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

The results are posted.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Colby View Post
The results are posted.
People may have spoken, or actually remained silent and didn't show, but the fact is, those who did not go missed out on a great weekend of fun, camaraderie, competition and performance.
Those who think that because a parking lot full of cones is not a "real" track are so wrong. The reality is that the track was designed by a couple of our members to make it hard enough (boy was it hard!), yet fast and a lot of fun to drive. Was it hot?, yes, a little, although by Rosamond's summer standards it was mild.
So overall, it was a very positive experience for those of us who chose or were able to go. With the financial help of the upcoming driver's ed option, we may not have to wait 2-3 years to go back to Fontana. Let's wait and see how it goes.
Many many thanks to all the organizers. As always they give their time and huge effort to make this happen. Even with a less than ideal financial outcome, I believe the event was a blast. May be next time it will rain, and make it... perfect!

Last edited by Jorge Mazlumian; 04-21-2009 at 07:12 PM.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 PM

I'd have to say that this type of event is by far one of my favorites. Unfortunately I had another yearly event that I was committed to plus my car wasn't done.

I'm glad to say that after this past weekend and the help of 20 friends and days of work, my car finally moves under it's own power. Just a "few" things to finish up and I'll be out there with you guys again!

Did we try and push this even to the SCCA Solo group?

Here are a couple of pics of my car.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 06:39 PM

Hey Vince:

That SVO is looking really great! I see a real intercooler hanging in the front. almost too nice looking to take out on the track. I gave up on trying to catch you in the corners, so I bought Tony Presto's RX7. Now I just have to drop the 2.3 liter turbo in it.... yeah, sure!

Terry

Terry Watson
AROSC Competition Director

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode