Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Anybody know how to reach Al Allen?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  John Ireland 
#1 ·
Haven't gotten any reply from his work email address. If you know him or have contact with him, let him know John Ireland needs to speak to him.
818 986 1493

#2 ·
Beware !!!!

Al Allen has an Alfa criminal record that extends several pages...

He is known to obtain parts and never pay for them...ask me how I know. :mad: I believe Larry at APE also had such an experience. Please beware of doing business with this vanishing individual.

If I ever obtain contact info for him, I'll PM you.

Take Care

#3 · (Edited)
Hi John!

For those who don't know who John is; he was on the BOD of the So Cal club for many years, starting about 25 years ago.

I moved to in Salt Lake City about 2 months ago. MUCH less expensive and much more relaxed here than in Hell-A. As far as I'm concerned, Al Allen has always been sleazy, but there are some others that have been directly or indirectly involved in that chapter that I feel are as bad or worse. Actually, after 30+ years of involvement with Alfas, there is unfortunately VERY few people in the US Alfa world I would trust completely.

The only time I ever saw Al for the last 10 years was once a year at the Italian car meet at Woodley Park in November. Tina Van Curren might know how to get hold of him. His "wife" (I don't know if they are actually married) used to "help" Charlie Theriot from time to time.

Stu Schaller

#4 ·
Hello Stu

Salt Lake? Well that sounds good. Alana and I are ready to flee Los Angeles as well but we're looking at the south of France...Nice...cheaper than Lancaster/Palmdale and much better food. And more interesting cars.
Thanks for the reply on Al. I think I've got a line on him now.

My only car is my 2000 Golf GLS 4 door with the 1.8t motor. I was it when I remember to...it loves me no matter what...no one notices me. My "hobby" is now vintage wristwatches...not too many, just a few to rub my hands on.

Be well and enjoy life.

John

#5 ·
John Ireland said:
Salt Lake? Well that sounds good. Alana and I are ready to flee Los Angeles as well but we're looking at the south of France...Nice...cheaper than Lancaster/Palmdale and much better food. And more interesting cars.
Thanks for the reply on Al. I think I've got a line on him now.

My only car is my 2000 Golf GLS 4 door with the 1.8t motor. I was it when I remember to...it loves me no matter what...no one notices me. My "hobby" is now vintage wristwatches...not too many, just a few to rub my hands on.

Be well and enjoy life.

John
What happened to the robbin's egg blue Porsche? Have you totally lost interest in sports cars?

Where in the south of France are you thinking about; it's a big place! I was in Paris last September (the exchange rate was almost the same as it is right now), and everything was insanely expensive; even more than Manhattan or Beverly Hills. Unless you are looking at a place in the middle of nowhere, I don't think the south of France would be any cheaper than L.A.

#6 ·
South of France and Paris

Stu...

I've discovered a large American expat community in France...buying in stores in Paris is expensive, living there is not...2.5% interest rates on 80% loan to value home mortgages...lower property taxes, less expensive and better health care...yes for non citizens too. As for their politics, well that's their problem, I just like the looks and feel of the place...beautiful architecture and a pace of life that feels right for me.

Nice, France is the city I like in the south...it's a city but also has that "village" quality...good hospitals and public transportation...or you can live on a bike or a motor scooter or just have a funky old 2CV. And you get twice as much home for your money as in Paris...so that's probably where Alana and I will end up. I see sad and hard times ahead for America...and I don't want to spend the second sixty years of my life fighting that war.

The blue Porsche was sacrificed to the gods of financial planning. I still am an avid fan of F1...still enjoy a spirited drive on twisted roads...but my quality of life issues no longer center around my car. Sex wine art conversation cheese sex wine bread sex wine fresh fish and vegitables pasta...theatre...sex...conversation...wine...and a nice old mechanical watch...and sex...are my new gods.

My politics have come full circle at least two or three times. The best books on economics and history I've recently read are Bull's Eye Investing by John Mauldin, Financial Reckoning Day by Bonner and Wiggin, The Sword of the Prophet by SergeTrifkovic, and Where the Right Went Wrong by Pat Buchanan. Next up is Chronicals by Bob Dylan, Miles Gone By by William Buckley, In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick...and I also am sampling along the way An Illustrated History of French Cuisine by Christian Guy.

Take care...
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.