Garage, warehouse, contacts, etc - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage, warehouse, contacts, etc

Hello Austin Alfa guys, I’ll be relocating to Austin in a few months and just putting the feelers out there to see if there are any enthusiasts with any info regarding a workspace. I’m most likely planning to get an apartment at first with my lady and would ideally like to find a separate place in the Austin area to store tools, car, etc and be able to work on my 78 Alfetta Sedan. I’m an average Alfa nerd and long time Alfa owner (23 yrs) and have worked in a couple Alfa shops (many years ago) here in Seattle. I would love to connect with anybody with any info about private or preferably sharing a hobby space. Definitely interested in finding out about the local scene and club track days. Thank you, hope to hear back, Ryan (ps, I have been a member of Alfa BB forever but my original email address is defunct).
Name:  2096B3E2-0BEE-43F9-881E-F8196CB0E1ED_1560657952195.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  494.6 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:50 PM

Garage
Welcome to Austin! The local alfisti gather the first Saturday of every month at Mozartís Coffee Roasters on Lake Austin. Folks start arriving a bit before 8:30 and are gone, often to lunch, by 11:00 or so. Youíll see our cars in the upper parking lot by the Hula Hut restaurant. Weíre a friendly and welcoming bunch, and itís a good opportunity to talk with folks about shop space.

Hopeto see you there.

Dean
1974 2000 GTV / 1976 Giulia Nuova Super 2.0 / 1965 TR4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmericas View Post
Welcome to Austin! The local alfisti gather the first Saturday of every month at Mozart’s Coffee Roasters on Lake Austin. Folks start arriving a bit before 8:30 and are gone, often to lunch, by 11:00 or so. You’ll see our cars in the upper parking lot by the Hula Hut restaurant. We’re a friendly and welcoming bunch, and it’s a good opportunity to talk with folks about shop space.

Hopeto see you there.
Right on thanks dmericas! The move already feels a lot more real and inviting! My ancient relatives settled in Texas back in the day and even created a town per folklore, it’ll be nice to connect with my roots on many levels. We’ll be visiting soon to scope things out, I’ll try to show up for a first Saturday in the process. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
This might work . . . for that big addiction. NO affiliation.

"For Lease
$6,000

10k sq. ft. warehouse in Lockhart. 319 Church St. Fenced yard, offices and restrooms. .60 a sq. ft. on a NNN lease.

Close to downtown and 3 blocks from US Hwy 183.

Jeffery Castleberry/Gold Realty/325 203 8349
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfettaRyan View Post
Right on thanks dmericas! The move already feels a lot more real and inviting! My ancient relatives settled in Texas back in the day and even created a town per folklore, itíll be nice to connect with my roots on many levels. Weíll be visiting soon to scope things out, Iíll try to show up for a first Saturday in the process. Cheers.
Hope to meet you soon! I'm a local real estate broker here, and may be able to help you find something if a shared space with a club member doesn't work out....

Peter

Currently: '65 Giulia TI

Previously:
'76 Alfasud Ti/'75 GT Junior/'87 Alfa 33
'91 Alfa 75/'95 Alfa 164/'79 Alfa Spider '69 Euro 1750 GTV, '67 Duetto, '84 Spider Veloce
'91 164L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode