Ethanol Free gas now available in North Austin - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Ethanol Free gas now available in North Austin

This news comes from Jeff Mosing owner of Petrol Lounge.

"BIG TIME GREAT NEWS!!!! ATTENTION all car nuts, bike riders, boaters, RV'ers in the Austin area....The fuel station right across from my dealership, 2601 W Braker Ln, is now a Sunoco and all fuels are ETHANOL FREE!!!! I verified it with the owner and the added bonus? 110 Octane coming in September. Share this post with all concerned. I could not be more happy about this. Super Unleaded I think was 2.99."

Hopefully more stations will do the same.

Rick
Gerry Perlman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 11:04 AM

Garage
Price?
Ethanol free 100 Oct. here in No. Nevada is $7.18 gallon at the pump.

Twin-Cam Hemi, Webers, Headers, Overdrive, Disc brakes, and no emissions equipment to spoil it all. These are gonna be FUN rides!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Not sure. He said 110 is coming in Sept. Our Super is usually 93 octane and at $2.99 that's about 40 cents more than typical prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 12:02 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
I'm paying $2.19 for Chevron Super 93 unleaded with ethanol ($2.05 for regular). I'll check the Pure Gas app to see if they have picked this up yet.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I confirmed this on the PureGas app.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Here is the website version of the PureGas app. https://www.pure-gas.org/

The BucEes in Bastrop had a dozen ethanol-free pumps but ONLY 87 octane.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Here is the website version of the PureGas app. https://www.pure-gas.org/

The BucEes in Bastrop had a dozen ethanol-free pumps but ONLY 87 octane.
That site only has Lakeway marina and Buc-ee's Bastrop. Is that it for the Austin area?

Jonathan-
'73 GT Junior1600-gone now.
'69 Giulia 1300ti 2 liter-the honeymoon is ON.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 05:24 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
You won't be able to put that 110 octane gas in your street vehicle.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 05:54 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Jon, yea and I suspect the Lakeway Marina is for boats and maybe gas cans only. There is a big new lake fueling station at the confluence of the Pedernales and Travis which I suspect has ethanol-free and there are several other lake marinas. Bastrop only has 87. Rik found one he posted above that is (was) on the list out at Breaker Lane north, and a the Cedar Park location at a Murphy's? The outlying farming and fishing areas have quite a few: Fredricksburg, Boerne, Kerrville, Kingsland, etc. Even two in San Antonio. There are enough rods and other vintage cars around Austin you'd think that some enterprising person would wake up and put in a ethanol-free gas station with an old-fashioned drive up with roller skate servers.

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-19-2018 at 06:01 AM.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 08:44 AM

Buc-ee's in Katy (Houston) on Feb. 13th.

Meanwhile, down in "The Energy Corridor" (Gasoline Alley) on the way back from the Port of Galveston: I think every pump had alky-free gas, some premium and some not so premium.
Attached Images

Jonathan-
'73 GT Junior1600-gone now.
'69 Giulia 1300ti 2 liter-the honeymoon is ON.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Yea, I've done the math and it would take half a tank of gas just for me to get to and back from one of these ethanol-free stations. Maybe I can fill my 6x 5 gal boat gas containers. Woijld be better for the boat, and the three chainsaws, and the chipper and the DR walk behind weed whacker and the hand weed whacker.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
You won't be able to put that 110 octane gas in your street vehicle.
wo

found one by my house for 96 octane...would this be ok for 69 spider?

1969 spider
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Garage
Extra octane will not hurt but may be a waste of money unless you tune for it.
But alcohol free will ALWAYS be better!

Yah, I know some folk claim E85 is the cats pajamas, but for classics any alcohol is more like the kiss of death!

Twin-Cam Hemi, Webers, Headers, Overdrive, Disc brakes, and no emissions equipment to spoil it all. These are gonna be FUN rides!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 07:47 AM

thanks not looking for any improvement in performance...just wanted to make sure there was no down side...etoh free it is!

would you suggest still adding a lead substitute or marvels mystery oil

1969 spider

Last edited by alfaman; 06-10-2018 at 07:58 AM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 09:26 PM

Garage
Not absolutely certain but I think most aluminum heads already have hard valve seats.
You can still get lead to add but it's expensive and generally now says not for road use.
Not sure how well the substitutes work or if an Alfa needs it.
I will follow this thread hoping one of our resident experts chimes in.

I used to add some Marvel Mystery Oil to 100LL AVGAS since the AVGAS is considered "Dry".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode