AROC Board Elections - Vote for Trevy! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
AROC Board Elections - Vote for Trevey!

Just noted in the most recent March 2011 AROC newsletter (Alfa Owner) that our own John Trevey is running for the AROC National Organization's Board of Directors. Four of seven are incumbents and you are instructed to vote for 6 of the 7 candidates. Apparently you can vote by returning the non-prepaid post card in this issue, or on-line (but no link is noted). Ballots are due post-marked by 15 April. Let's get the local guy in! Vote for John!

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 03-22-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 AM

AROC Board Elections / On-line Voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Just noted in the most recent March 2011 AROC newsletter (Alfa Owner) that our own John Trevy is running for the AROC National Organization's Board of Directors. Four of seven are incumbents and you are instructed to vote for 6 of the 7 candidates. Apparently you can vote by returning the non-prepaid post card in this issue, or on-line (but no link is noted). Ballots are due post-marked by 15 April. Let's get the local guy in! Vote for John!
In order to participate in on-line voting you must have an e-mail address on file with AROC; a separate e-mail for each voting member in the family. For me, that means three separate e-mail addresses. John Justus sends a link and voting instructions in the e-mail.

HTH.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 AM

John Trevey is running for the AROC National Organization's Board of Directors. John has been a tremendous asset to the Hill Country Chapter and would do the same at the national level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM

Hi folks. I wanted to take a few minutes to chime in on this. At some point in time, we all encounter a person or persons that leaves a lasting impression. When I had the honor of first meeting John and Kim, my take away from that meeting was " the Alfa world needs more people like them".
When I heard John wanted to run for a seat on the national board I was excited. We all should be excited. This is exactly what AROC needs.
I had lunch with Wes Ingram today. I asked him what he thought about John being on the national board. He and I agreed. WE ALL NEED JOHN AT THE AROC LEVEL. So please vote with me and lets get John in the National board. He will represent all of us with honor. With the years of dedication to the local club John and Kim have given, its time to give back to them.

1967 Giulia Super
1967 Duetto
1972 Spider
1972 GTV
1973 GTV
1974 GTV
1959 Lancia Flaminia GT
1 very understanding wife!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 PM

Garage
I wholeheartedly support John Trevey's campaign for AROC Board of Directors. John is a true Alfiste, a hard worker, and he and his whole family are very nice people. John is very active in THC chapter events and his leadership is probably THE reason THC is such a great chapter. John does a great job organizing the Spring and Fall tours and makes sure there are several fun/interesting Alfa events during the year. Events he has brought us are as diverse as a organizing a club visit to a new race course and hosting a birthday party for Bob Fernald at the Trevey home. That was a big party that was attended by folks from all over the state. I even bought my second 164S at that event from BB member Jim Tyson, whom I met at the party.

Things will be happening with John on the BOD and they'll be good things. Please consider him when casting your ballot and please join me in voting for John Trevey.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 05:53 AM

Garage
Oh, what more can I say? John would be a great asset to the AROC board....he;s done so much to make this local chapter very active. His tours, his fun events, his emails with great information on anything Alfa related, his "La Pilota" publication, he really does a wonderful job bringing people together. I am sure he would do great things at the national level. We need to get this thread out of the AROC-THC area to spread the word!

Peter

Currently: '65 Giulia TI

Previously:
'76 Alfasud Ti/'75 GT Junior/'87 Alfa 33
'91 Alfa 75/'95 Alfa 164/'79 Alfa Spider '69 Euro 1750 GTV, '67 Duetto, '84 Spider Veloce
'91 164L
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
In order to participate in on-line voting you must have an e-mail address on file with AROC; a separate e-mail for each voting member in the family. For me, that means three separate e-mail addresses. John Justus sends a link and voting instructions in the e-mail.

HTH.
Hi Cheryl,

When does John Justus send out this email with voting instructions?

Thanks,

b
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM

AROC Board Elections -- On-line Voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeBLT View Post
Hi Cheryl,

When does John Justus send out this email with voting instructions?

Thanks,

b
I and others received ours 2-3 weeks ago. I suggest sending either Jolene or John a request to have your e-mail address added to their records, and specifically, specify that you want that address used for on-line voting.

Because of a change in my membership status I had to furnish a new e-mail account because we have more than one voter in the household. John had it entered within 24 hours and back to me. Having said that, I don't know if there is a cut-off for entering new addresses in the system with the election deadline approaching; I believe it's April 15, 2011, for both postmarks and on-line voting to be completed.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Oh, what more can I say? ...
Oh, but you did say it, Peter. John's communications! They are huge help to me. I try to plan my trips back and forth to Texas based on the events John communicates via La Pilota and his regular emails.

Communication is so very important to ANY group no matter WHAT the group is or does. That is why I think John's candidacy is so important. Putting John on the AROC Board will put another PROVEN communicator to work for all Alfisti.

Better communication makes a better club.

Let's vote Trevey!

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
I and others received ours 2-3 weeks ago. I suggest sending either Jolene or John a request to have your e-mail address added to their records, and specifically, specify that you want that address used for on-line voting.

Because of a change in my membership status I had to furnish a new e-mail account because we have more than one voter in the household. John had it entered within 24 hours and back to me. Having said that, I don't know if there is a cut-off for entering new addresses in the system with the election deadline approaching; I believe it's April 15, 2011, for both postmarks and on-line voting to be completed.
I received mine March 5th. Let's get on the stick guys!

Now
)(
)(
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

Links

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 02:37 PM

voting link

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...N6rOJmIQ_3d_3d

b

Last edited by awesomeBLT; 03-26-2011 at 02:42 PM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 03:09 PM

B -
Other people cannot use that link. It is unique to your membership number (to prevent multiple votes from one member). In order to vote electronically, each member must have an e-mail address on file with AROC-USA.
Alternatively, every member can vote using the ballot found in the current issue of "Alfa Owner".

(But thanks for voting....every vote counts, and shows that you care!)

[I]"It's the best in class by default, because it's the only thing in its class." [/I]
~Richard Hammond on the Alfa 4C

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
So what ever happened to the creedo to vote early and vote often? Guess that only works in Nawlins and Chicago . . .

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
So what ever happened to the creedo to vote early and vote often? Guess that only works in Nawlins and Chicago . . .
While one can trace the AROC-USA roots to Chicago, I don't think there has ever been a director elected named "Daley"...or for that matter, "Huey"

[I]"It's the best in class by default, because it's the only thing in its class." [/I]
~Richard Hammond on the Alfa 4C

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)

Last edited by Nicola; 03-26-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode