Alfa Romeo Forums banner

New England Roll Call

61K views 259 replies 112 participants last post by  SmilingSpider 
#1 ·
Now that we have a forum hopefully organizing and keeping track of events will be that much easier. My .02 cents, have a NEBB roll call, just to see who is your neighbor on this site. I guess i will start it off.

Jacob Ricciotti
Dover, New Hampshire

#12 ·
Hello from North Attleborough, MA
With my un-restored 1984 Spider searching for a new roof, and various other parts... :)

Attachments

#19 ·
MarkZiburis said:
. . . and about ready to garage it for the winter.
It's getting to that time. I drove home the other night with the top down, around 47 degrees and boy did my ears and hands get cold (I should look up the wind chill at 50mph). I'm going to suspend the insurance on the car for the winter (will start it and move it around the driveway only just for the minimal exercise that will give it) and stick her in the garage, and was going to do that Nov. 1, but my brother is coming to visit from St. Louis and he hasn't seen the car yet, so I'll wait until Nov. 9 at least.

But boy, there's something beautiful about driving on a bright autumn night, top down, leaves blowing, full moon and the cold wind.

#20 ·
Tomorrow is the day ... storage time.
I hate it ... but it is necessary. Today I went out for a ride at 40 degrees with the top down and heat on .... still makes me smile.

#21 ·
Rob, I hope you postponed storing your car! Today is stunning! Amazing what a difference there can be; a few days ago I was freezing my toches off, worried that I'd crack my back window if I moved the top up or down. Today it's warm enough to be out in just a t-shirt. I'd still be out if I didn't have so much to do around the house (and so what am I doing in front of the computer . . .?). Wish I was able to go on the AONE Sortie.

#23 ·
The deed is done.

Rained all day and the coming week too crappy.
Calling for snow by the end of the week.

Now she sleeps ... another great season with no problems, mechanical failures, or disappointments.

Time to take the Volkls out of storage and warm up the waxing iron ....

#24 ·
Unless it warms up again, I think tonight was probably my last top-down night on my ride home from work. It was 45 F out; wind chill brings that down to 33 F at 50 mph. I'm hoping I still get a little top-down time during the days.