Summer sprints at Lime Rock?? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Talking Summer sprints at Lime Rock??

Is anyone going to LR on August 3,4? I haven't heard talk of it but for on the AONE site. Is it open to the general public? Or do I have to belong to a club? I am pretty stoked about going, and was wondering if any AONE people were running at this event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo1green View Post
Is anyone going to LR on August 3,4? I haven't heard talk of it but for on the AONE site. Is it open to the general public? Or do I have to belong to a club? I am pretty stoked about going, and was wondering if any AONE people were running at this event.
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm not sure that it's a public event, but I don't think they'd turn you away, either.

I'm not a VSCCA member, so I contacted the event organizer who told me to come on out. I want to become a member, though, which requires 2 members to nominate/sponsor/whatever you, so I told him I'd be willing to help out at the event.

It's a good way to meet other members, I figure, but I don't really know how much work and how much spectating I'll end up doing.

Rob
'79 Spider Veloce
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmar23 View Post
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm not sure that it's a public event, but I don't think they'd turn you away, either.

I'm not a VSCCA member, so I contacted the event organizer who told me to come on out. I want to become a member, though, which requires 2 members to nominate/sponsor/whatever you, so I told him I'd be willing to help out at the event.

It's a good way to meet other members, I figure, but I don't really know how much work and how much spectating I'll end up doing.
I am looking to attend as a spectator, as I would bring my 4 year old who is into racing! I'd appreciate feedback about whether this is a spectator-friendly event. I hope to get out and maybe meet some bb'ers and other good folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:43 PM

Vscca @ Lrp

Guys-
Although I'm not sure this is "technically" a public event, you won't have any problem attending as a spectator. Worst case scenario just tell the folks at the gate your there to see a friend race. You will probably want to enter at the infield entrance.
This is usually a really fun event to watch. Really low key and no big crowds like Memorial Day. I've attended a couple of VSCCA races when they split the track with the Jaguar club and I have run with them.
Lots of nice cars and should be a great time.

-JT
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I was sternly told by the gal answering the phones at LRP that it is not a public event, before I could get two words out. I'd hate to drive all of the way up there and not get in, but I think they probably wouldn't turn people away. I'm at little surprised that they are so hardcore about spectators, at least on the surface.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo1green View Post
Thanks for the info. I was sternly told by the gal answering the phones at LRP that it is not a public event, before I could get two words out. I'd hate to drive all of the way up there and not get in, but I think they probably wouldn't turn people away. I'm at little surprised that they are so hardcore about spectators, at least on the surface.
You could do as I did and contact the eventmaster (find this info on the VSCCA site) to make sure you can get in.

For the various club-sponsored events I've been involved with, the venues where they happened had nothing to do with them beyond collecting a fee, so I'm not surprised that a call to LRP didn't help (though the rudeness was uncalled for).

Rob
'79 Spider Veloce
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Lrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmar23 View Post
You could do as I did and contact the eventmaster (find this info on the VSCCA site) to make sure you can get in.

For the various club-sponsored events I've been involved with, the venues where they happened had nothing to do with them beyond collecting a fee, so I'm not surprised that a call to LRP didn't help (though the rudeness was uncalled for).
Rudeness aside, they don't have the same level of insurance and support for "non-public" events, so they can't tell the general public to show up......
If you aren't comfortable going, check out Tutto Italiano on Sunday at MOT in Brookline, MA. Lots of nice cars, very casual and fun for family.

-JT
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Gold Subscriber

I went to Lime Rock today, and there was no problem entering as a spectator.

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcess View Post
I went to Lime Rock today, and there was no problem entering as a spectator.
Bob - I called ahead, told them you'd be coming & that you were a buddy of mine

Loud pipes save lives.

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart

Last edited by lowmileage; 08-03-2007 at 02:05 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

I just wanted to say that the event at LRP put on by the VSCCA was great. Nice folks, great cars, beautiful weather. There was some great competitive driving, with cars anyone would envy (prewar gp alfa dicing it up with cars 30 years younger!). Not bad for a saturday afternoon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode