Connecticut Events - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Gold Subscriber

Cheryl,

It is my impression one can currently affiliate with as many chapters as they wish providing they pay $15 per additional chapter. My move from Long Island to Connecticut coincided with renewal of my AROC membership, and I sent in a check for $30 more than the normal dues and requested that I retain my affiliation with NYAROC while additionally affiliating with AONE and CT. Yesterday I received both the AONE and CT news letters, so it seems to have worked.

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 03:52 PM

AROC Plus Local Chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcess
Cheryl,

It is my impression one can currently affiliate with as many chapters as they wish providing they pay $15 per additional chapter. My move from Long Island to Connecticut coincided with renewal of my AROC membership, and I sent in a check for $30 more than the normal dues and requested that I retain my affiliation with NYAROC while additionally affiliating with AONE and CT. Yesterday I received both the AONE and CT news letters, so it seems to have worked.
It's quite possible AROC may have changed their procedure on how they charge for chapter dues; however I wouldn't think that the "new" open board would want to dictate to local chapters what they were required to charge per year in local dues. You have always been allowed to associate with as many chapters as you wanted to as long as you paid the local chapter dues that were established by the individual local chapters. Incidentally, that's one way that board members are elected out of another chapter when they have too many representatives from their "preferred" current chapter on the board. I know of one situation now that falls in that category, and it is perfectly legal as is running by petition to get more than two people on the board from a chapter. It just looks like they're not from the same chapter because they have an affiliation with an additional chapter that they were nominated from or ran by petition from.

AFAIK, it's always been up to the local chapter to determine what they wanted to charge. If you go to the AONE website, http://www.velocissima.com/, and click on "Join" you will see that you owe $65; $60 to National AROC and an additional $5 to AONE; so just off hand I'd say you overpaid or donated an additional $10 to AONE. I don't know about the New York chapter's due schedule. I'm sure AONE will appreciate your additional $10, providing the funds find their way to AONE. The chapter I belong to charges no additional dues over the regular national AROC dues, so it would be kind of foolish for me to send AROC an additional $15 that may not be funneled back to my local chapter. I'd be better off donating the $15 directly to my chapter.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 07-15-2007 at 03:55 PM.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Gold Subscriber

Whether I overpaid or donated, it is a bargain either way. The original intent of this thread was CT chapter activities.

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Connecticut Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcess View Post
Whether I overpaid or donated, it is a bargain either way. The original intent of this thread was CT chapter activities.
I agree, I didn't post the original comment that I responded to. In retrospect, maybe, I should have posted "Your comment is off-topic as well as informationally incorrect, start a new thread as my response;" but that doesn't sound very polite to me nor does it address the incorrect information that was posted. Or I could have just left it as is and ignored that it was incorrect.

Back to Connecticut events....I thought belonging to the Connecticut chapter and how to join it, was possibly, included under that heading; apparently, not.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 07-15-2007 at 06:43 PM.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
I have a rally route that runs from Naugatuck out through Litchfield County and could be set to end somewhere out there that we would like to gather to eat. Pretty route with low amounts of traffic and no unpaved (although I love unpaved roads). It was put together last summer as a very straightforward component to an SCCA event for people who do not regularly compete in rallies. Litchfield county is definitely the best area of the state for this sort of fun.

I live in South Windsor and have been quite active with the AONE crowd.

Mark Ziburis
Thanks, Mark. Since I'm new at this, I like the idea of using an already established route for my first attempt. That way, all I have to do is pick a place for lunch, and do a little shopping for a post-drive feed at my place. I'll send you a PM with my email address, so we can talk about the route details off-line.

Michael (MLC), thanks for your advice on planning a route. Whenever I have a chance, I drive around and test out various routes, so I hope I'm making progress on that front. I like the ideas you're throwing out, and if anyone else listening has favorite roads or stops in the area, let's hear them.

I'm thinking of using Mark's route later this Summer, and then hopefully I can put something of my own together for early Fall.

I plan on attending the event starting in Southbury this Sunday, and I look forward to meeting whoever else can make it.

-Rob

Rob
'79 Spider Veloce
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Alfa-Less
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
I am originally from Torrington (left in 1977). I left CT in 1999 but return frequently to see my wife's family, go to Limerock, etc. If I am in the area, I'd like to hook up for one of your rides.

There is no Vermont chapter. I am aligned with AONE but Boston is too far from Burlington to participate.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Favali
2013 Fiat 500C
2007 Saab 93 SportCombi
**1993 Spider Veloce (Sold 2015)**
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favali View Post
I am originally from Torrington (left in 1977). I left CT in 1999 but return frequently to see my wife's family, go to Limerock, etc. If I am in the area, I'd like to hook up for one of your rides.

There is no Vermont chapter. I am aligned with AONE but Boston is too far from Burlington to participate.

Thanks,
Rob
Uh oh, we're already up to 2 Robs and a Bob -- that's trouble. I'll probably do whatever I do through the CT chapter, but will make sure to post here as well, so everyone who's interested hears about it.

If you have any favorite roads down this way, let me know.

Rob
'79 Spider Veloce
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 AM

I don't mean to highjack this thread, but I can't seem to find any info regarding the "in the park car show" at Lime Rock as part of the Labor Day weekend Vinatge Festival. I know the fesitival is mostly about racing and we enjoy that particularly on Monday - but the car show is also nice and quite extensive. I know it is Sunday, but if I want to show a car, do I just show up Sunday AM or do I need to preregister - and if so how is that done?

Thanks,

Larry

LarryM

'01 Audi TT 225
'91 Lotus Elan M100
'87 Alfa Milano Platinum
'84 Porsche 911 cab
'73 Triumph TR6
'72 Volvo P1800ES
'69 Alfa spider
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 05:58 PM

I don't think that's just a "show up" kind of show. I would contact lime rock and see what they say. 860.435.5000
Which car from that list would you show? All look very exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
I don't mean to highjack this thread, but I can't seem to find any info regarding the "in the park car show" at Lime Rock as part of the Labor Day weekend Vinatge Festival. I know the fesitival is mostly about racing and we enjoy that particularly on Monday - but the car show is also nice and quite extensive. I know it is Sunday, but if I want to show a car, do I just show up Sunday AM or do I need to preregister - and if so how is that done?

Thanks,

Larry

1970 Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce (105.44)
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 06:27 PM

Thanks I will try that - but their email response was less than helpful.

I thought it was time to give the 1750 a run - assuming the weather is good.

Larry
Attached Images

LarryM

'01 Audi TT 225
'91 Lotus Elan M100
'87 Alfa Milano Platinum
'84 Porsche 911 cab
'73 Triumph TR6
'72 Volvo P1800ES
'69 Alfa spider
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:

Thanks,

Larry
I agree with Ryan -- I think you need to be registered ahead of time. Idon't even know if you can sign up for it, or if it's a "by invitation" thing.

The printed brochure for the LRP season says "Elite Concours presented by Road & Track," but I couldn't find anything onlin at R&T just now.

Try giving LRP a call. Lots of places in CT haven't fully embraced new-fangled stuff like email, and you may get more information by talking with someone directly.

Good luck, I'd love to see that roundtail at the show.

Rob
'79 Spider Veloce
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:

Thanks,

Larry
Larry,

I believe that Fiat-Lancia Unlimited is putting on the car corral, as last year. Try Tim Beeble at TBeeble-at-aol-dot-com OR beeblet-at-umich-dot-edu

Hope this helps.

Nick D'Eri

1972 Montreal
2008 Mercedes E550 4-Matic
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
2008 Piaggio Fly 50
1977 Peugeot 103 Moped
------------------------
Former Italians:
1968 Fiat Dino Spider 2.0 2003 - 2013
1992 164S 2002 - 2008
1981 Spider Veloce 2001 - 2003
1974 Fiat 124 Spider 1979 - 1981
------------------------
Dad's Former Italians:
1962 Giulietta Spider 1964 - 1969
1969 Berlina 1750 1970 - 1971
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:04 PM

Hi, another CT alfa owner here. I'm a new guy and just picked up a 101 spider. It's my first alfa and I love it. Needs some work though, I'm sure you've heard that before, but I'm used to that sort of thing and actually looking forward to it so I'll be asking some stupid questions and looking around for parts of course.
I'm in Sharon and yes the roads up here are great for alfa's, nice, tight and twisty. It would be great to meet some other owners here in the northwest corner.
Tom
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Gold Subscriber

Tom,

I recently finished restoring a 101 Spider and am fairly familiar with where to locate available parts. Send me a PM if I can be of any help.

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Hey - this looks like an interesting event. Maybe the drive Rob is planning could coincide? Just a thought...

http://www.blackhorsegarage.com/calendar.php

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode