Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AONE - Alfa Romeo Owners of New England (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/aone-alfa-romeo-owners-new-england/)
-   -   who's still drivin their alfa in Jan??? (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/aone-alfa-romeo-owners-new-england/35341-whos-still-drivin-their-alfa-jan.html)

das 01-04-2007 09:16 AM

who's still drivin their alfa in Jan???

me!

55 degrees and no snow in sight....

sweet

Subtle 01-04-2007 09:29 AM

Frost in Vancouver this morning:mad: --lots of snow on the mountains:)

admaco 01-04-2007 09:29 AM

i recently had some time off to burn at the end of the year, which left me wanting to work on my spider. we had been having some really mild weather here in Denver for most of the fall & into December & i thought i'd try & knock a few minor things off my list.

i bargained with myself saying that if i worked on the car at the beginning of my vacation (instead of ski, cycle, etc...) then i could spend the rest of my time off driving it!

i was finally able, late in the third day of working on her when i finally got everything sorted out, to take her around the block for a quick test spin.

and the next day was greeted with the 2.5' of snow that Denver received right before Christmas, followed by the other 1.5' of snow that we got just a week later, right before New Years.

So alas...with a sigh, i finally put her under her blanket (car cover) shortly afterward to await spring thaw...:(

"How was your vacation?"

"Great -- I spent it shoveling snow..."

But did give her new floormats, master clutch cylinder, slave cylinder, hood cable & throttle cable.

lowmileage 01-04-2007 09:41 AM

No complaining here on Long Island. Being I'm leaving work before dark and +50 degree forecast, I opted to take the Superglide to work today:cool:

HeavyMetalAlfa 01-04-2007 09:45 AM

Drove the 84 GTV6 yesterday. Clear roads, clear skies, 45 degrees- almost summer-like !!!

MidLifeCrisis 01-04-2007 10:26 AM

Global Warming isn't All Bad

My '74 GTV is waiting quietly in the parking lot at work for our commute home:) I'll continue to driver her until the first time they salt the roads this "winter".

The down-side of this is that I'm not getting any of the winter projects done on this car that I had planned.

lowmileage 01-04-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis (Post 299119)
My '74 GTV is waiting quietly in the parking lot at work for our commute home:) I'll continue to driver her until the first time they salt the roads this "winter".

The down-side of this is that I'm not getting any of the winter projects done on this car that I had planned.

:confused: What's winter. And you do have an office where you can constantly view the car, don't you:)

KennyG 01-04-2007 11:57 AM

I would be, cuz there's no salt on the roads, but my spider is being held prisoner in my fiancee's garage. :eek: The garage door came off the track and I had to cut out a panel to get in and out just to start it up.:( Next priority is finding and installing a new garage door as the old one is shot.

das 01-04-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyMetalAlfa (Post 299104)
Drove the 84 GTV6 yesterday. Clear roads, clear skies, 45 degrees- almost summer-like !!!

hey man, any takers on the gtv6? that looks like a sweet ride....

GraniteAlfa 01-04-2007 03:05 PM

I think our first salt was in early November, and the plows left speed bump
sized salt piles at every stop sign:eek: .
She's been wrapped up since then.:(

VerdeVeepster 01-04-2007 03:18 PM

I've been driving mine while I'm back for school since the weather is so nice. Come the 15th it'll be tucked into the garage again until spring break at least.

HeavyMetalAlfa 01-04-2007 03:37 PM

Got in another great drive today !! A 2 hour round trip down to the city to do errands. Nice and warm, drove part of it with the window down, listening to that sweet engine sound. No salt yet. When that happens, the 84 I'm driving goes inside. I have a great winter beater GTV6 named Blacky that comes out for the rest of the winter.

Hey Dan, no inqueries on the 84 yet, some one is going to love it though. It IS sweet.

1976 01-04-2007 03:54 PM

Why U Think U

the only daily driver? :)

Paradiso 01-04-2007 05:07 PM

Welcome to Floridachusetts!

50 degrees today, we haven't seen hardly a snow flake this Winter. Dropped the top and took the Spider out today. I've burned the tank of gas that had the gas stabilizer in it, not sure that I'll put any more in!
WooHoo!

endel 01-04-2007 05:22 PM

It's insane. I've been very tempted to bring it out, but my commuter has salt all over the back, so there is salt out there. I need to fix my snowblower first. It's so **** tempting to bring it out... but my expired inspection sticker says no... wait.