Gtv6 condenser - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By TerryJ
  • 1 Post By alfaloco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Gtv6 condenser

Finally am collecting ac components to reactivate the AC of my 1983 GTV6 that I have owned since new. I bought a compressor (I converted the car to a rotary 20 yrs ago). I need a modern condenser. Suggestions would be appreciated for the size and a supplier. Plan to use the original evaporator and use 134. Also will replace the dryer which I can source locally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that the car has been restored to as new including a bare metal respray. The AC is the only thing left to do.
horsewidower likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 06:59 PM

I used a Vintage Air condenser bought from Summit. I don't remember the size, but it was the biggest one I could fit in the car. You should replace the expansion valve and flush the evaporator coil and connection lines before reassembly. Factory A/C wiring operates on the left radiator fan only. You should wire the other fan to run also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
This is the parallel flow condenser I bought directly from Vintage Air for our son's '86, with the Tropic Air system. Photos will show how I mounted it, and I used an adaptor for the upper hose to relieve strain on the bend in that hose. Looks like we bought the model no. 03262 VUC - $149.00, in 2014. It was about 14" x 22" as I recall.

https://www.vintageair.com/accessori...ir%20Superflow
Attached Images

horsewidower likes this.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

All, Thanks! My current setup has a fan mounted on the existing condenser that I installed years ago. BTW where is the expansion valve mounted? Terry
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
All, Thanks! My current setup has a fan mounted on the existing condenser that I installed years ago. BTW where is the expansion valve mounted? Terry

If you have the Tropic-Air Behr A/C system, both evaporators will have an expansion valve mounted right at the evaporator outlet.

If you have the traditional A/C system with one evaporator, it will still be mounted right at the evaporator outlet. This is where the suction hose attaches, going back to the A/C compressor.

What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode